Before transferring data (name, email, responses, etc.) from bucket.io to ConvertKit, two things must happen first:
- Link or integrate bucket.io with ConvertKit via API
- Set up the integration form at the settings page of the funnel - here is where prospects are subscribed to a Sequence and they can be Tagged accordingly, and we can also assign Custom Fields
STEP # 1: Find ConvertKit’s API key
Once logged into ConvertKit, click the account profile located at the top-right corner - usually it is the user’s name.
- By clicking the account name or profile, a drop-down menu will be deployed, then click Account Settings
- Once on the Account Info, display the scroll down to find the API key and API secret. For the API secret it might ask to click the “show” hyperlink since it is usually hidden
- Save the API Key since it will be needed in the next step
STEP # 2: Integrate the API key in bucket.io
Once logged into bucket.io, click the account profile located at the top-right corner - usually it has the user’s name.
- By clicking Under account name or profile it deploys a drop-down menu, click My Account
- Click Add New Integration to go to the integrations menu
- Click the ConvertKit icon to open the integration and then click Add New Account
- It prompts to enter the API key - copy and paste the API key provided by ConvertKit
- Click Save Integration
NOTE: The system should give a confirmation message at the top displaying “Integration Added Successfully” and the ConvertKit icon should no longer have a plus (+) sign indicating that something needs to be added - instead, it should display a gear icon.
For the next step(s) please look for the article Setting up the ConvertKit Integration in bucket.io, as it addresses the way to fill out the form inside bucket.io