Like other funnel components, Quiz Question components are customized through the Builder tab.
To start customizing a Quiz Question component, click the component, then click either Builder on the top left, or the Edit in Builder button that appears on the bottom of the component.
The properties that can be customized are divided into two types:
- Popup Properties
- Question Properties
These are the properties of the popup window displayed to quiz participants. Popup properties are constant regardless of the type of Quiz Question component used for a question. Viewable by default, you can hide the Popup Properties section of the Builder by clicking the button to its left.
- Width & Box Color: The width and color of the popup. This is set to 705 px and white by default. You may resize and change the color accordingly.
- Use Box Shadow: Enabled by default, this surrounds the popup with a shadow. You can resize the shadow by increasing the Shadow X and Shadow Y values. You can also change the shadow from the default Black to another color.
- Use Progress Bar: Enabled by default, this displays a progress bar on top of the popup, indicating the participant’s progress through the quiz. For example, for a quiz with four (4) questions, Q1 would have a progress bar set at roughly 25%, increasing incompletion as the participant answers Questions 2-4 until it reaches 100%. Progress bar start % is 0% by default but we do recommend adjusting that up to about 20-25%. You may also change the color of the progress bar.
- Use Next Button: Turned on by default, this displays a Next button on the question. You can customize the button label and color, and the color of the text shown on the button. This should be disabled in the last quiz question.
- Use Back Button: Turned on by default, this displays a Back button on the question. You can customize the button label and color, and the color of the text shown on the button. This should be disabled in the first quiz question.
These are the properties of the Quiz Question components used in the funnel. They differ depending on the component used. For example, the Radio Questions and Check Questions quiz components have slightly different properties. Viewable by default, you can hide the Question Properties section of the Builder by clicking the button to its left.
The Question properties of the different Quiz Question components are given below.
Radio, Check, Short Text, and Long Text Questions
- Use Main Image: Allows inserting an image within the question. Disabled by default.
Check, Short Text, and Long Text Questions
- Required Question: Means that an answer to the question is required - if an answer is not provided, the Next button is disabled and the participant cannot go through the rest of the quiz. Enabled by default.
Radio and Check Questions
- Use “Other” Option”: Displays an “Other” text box where the participant can enter an answer to the question. This is displayed as the last choice in the question and disabled by default.
- Other Option Placeholder: Enabled if the Use Other Option is enabled. Allows placeholder text to be displayed in the “Other” option box. Placeholder text serves as a guide to participants in answering the question.
- Add Image to Choices: Allows inserting an image above each choice. Disabled by default.
- Choices Per Row: Enabled if Add Image to Choices is enabled. Set to 3 by default, referring to the number of choices displayed per row.
- Random Choice Order: Allows the choices to be randomized. Disabled by default, meaning that the choices are displayed to participants in the order they are shown in the Builder.
- Allow People to Skip (Radio Question only): Allows the question to be skipped. Disabled by default.
- When Skipped, go to: (Radio Question only): Only enabled if Allow People to Skip is enabled. Allows selecting the next choice to be displayed to participants when they skip the question.
Long and Short Text Questions
- Placeholder: Blank by default. Enter the placeholder text to be shown to participants. Placeholder text serves as a guide to participants in answering the question.
Short Text Questions
- Numeric Input Only: Limits answers to numeric entries. Disabled by default.
- URL Input Only: Limits answers to URLs. Disabled by default.
Long Text Questions
- SMIQ Question: Allows the question to be set as the Single Most Important Question, which is basically a Long Text type of question where the audience will have the opportunity to provide as much relevant feedback or information. Disabled by default.
- Number of rows: The size of the textbox where the answer is entered. Set to 2 rows by default.