Upload Aligned Face Model to 3Shape Communicate Within Dental Pro
Starting with version 2.2.0 and later, we have implemented a new feature that allows you to directly upload an aligned face model to a 3Shape case file.
Once you have created a workspace, imported 3Shape jaw files and aligned, you will see a button labeled 3Shape next to the aligned face in the Tools view of the Workspace. Please see the red box outline around the new 3shape button in the picture below.
- Go to the Gallery and tap Align
- In the create a workspace view, select 3Shape when adding jaw models. The case that you select teeth from will be the case that the aligned face model gets uploaded to.
- Add one or two face models to the workspace.
- Tap next
- Now you have a workspace with 3Shape jaw models.
- Make any manual adjustments to the alignment that you require.
- Save your workspace
- Tap the 3Shape upload icon as referenced in the above screenshot.
- You will see a spinner that says the says: Uploading Face Model
- Please note: If you have the ability to upload two face models if you added two face models in the workspace. But the 3Shape Dental Systems software, currently, will only use the latest face upload in the case. For example if you upload a teeth smile face and then a normal file face, only the normal file face model with show in the 3Shape Dental System software.
Go To Your 3Shape Dental System Software
- IMPORTANT: This only works with Dental Systems Software version 2020: DS-2020
- Watch a video of how to do this here: https://youtu.be/xLltZ6wbcaE
- Tap the Refresh icon in the 3Shape communicate inbox to ensure the latest files are available. See the highlighted Refresh icon in this screenshot
- Make sure the case you are working with is accepted
- If a case is already accepted, right click on the order and go to 3Shape Communicate and select Send and Receive as in this screenshot:
- In Dental Manager, you click on the case that contains the jaw files and the newly uploaded face model. In this screenshot, the case is Bellus 3D.
- Click on the case (Bellus 3D in this example) and select Design from the menu
- When the case is opened, the face and teeth are automatically loaded and you should see the uploaded face model, as below.
3Shape Communicate Integrated with Dental Pro for iOS
The current version of Dental Pro for iOS allows you to align a face model with teeth models that are stored in your 3Shape Communicate account. If you want more indepth information on how to use 3Shape Communicate with Bellus3D Dental Pro, please ...
Bellus3D Dental Pro iOS and Dental Pro Web Alignment Options
Options for Aligning 3D Face Models with Dental Jaw Models Background The integration of 3D face models with upper and lower jaw models to create a digital virtual patient has become a powerful tool for patient motivation and face-based design for ...
Import Your Face Model To Dental Wings
If you have Dental Wings, you can directly import a face model from Dental Pro. Here are the steps. Make sure you have an Advanced subscription for Dental Pro. A free version won't work. Scan your face and save In the Model Viewer, tap the info ...
Supported Jaw Model Orientation for Face Model Alignment
Dental Pro for iOS and Face Cloud Dental provide automated alignment of face models to jaw models. In order for this alignment to work correctly, the input jaw models must be oriented in one of the following coordinate axis directions for the ...
Dental Pro for iPad - First Time Use
To use the advanced features, you would need an advanced subscription which you can purchase in Dental Pro. Tap the gear icon on the home page to get to Settings then tap Upgrade to Advanced to see your options. Here are some suggestions for using ...