Using the visual aligner to manually fine tune the automatic teeth alignment
Dental Pro automatically aligns teeth models to the corresponding face models. However, in some cases further fine tuning is desired.
The new six-axis 3D teeth aligner allows you to visually fine tune the automatic alignment in in 0.2mm and 0.5 degree increments to accurately align the patient's 3D teeth model to the patients existing teeth.
How to use:
- Launch Dental Pro
- Select All By Date on the Home Page
- Tap align in the upper right corner
- Select Jaw Alignment
- Pick your jaw and face models
- Tap Next
- Automatic alignment is performed.
- Then tap the Adjust tab. This will show the Teeth Model with the real teeth and 3D teeth models at the same time. The Tools tab shows the normal smile with the lip line cut out which results in hiding the normal teeth.
- While in the Adjust tab, the left axis adjusts the translation of the face model to the teeth. You can make the translation adjustment in the X, Y or Z axis. The right axis adjusts the rotation of the face model to the teeth model also in the X, Y or Z axis.
- Look at the center picture that shows a semi-transparent view of the 3D teeth model over the 2D (see screen shot below). Use the translation and rotation +/- controls to get the 3D semi-transparent teeth model to line up exactly to the 2D teeth model underneath. The picture is just the upper teeth. That is all you need to adjust at the lower teeth will follow.
- When done, you can Save and/or Export if you have a Dental Subscription. Check here for subscription information: https://bellus3d.com/dental/.
Appearance of Teeth Distortion in Face Scans
The Bellus3D face scanning app utilizes the 3D active stereo depth capturing systems found in the Apple iPhone X, iPhone 11 and iPad Pro products. Users of Bellus3D Dental Pro will observe that the appearance of the subject's teeth within a 3D face ...
Bellus3D Dental Pro iOS and Dental Pro Web Alignment Options
Options for Aligning 3D Face Models with Dental Jaw Models Background The integration of 3D face models with upper and lower jaw models to create a digital virtual patient has become a powerful tool for patient motivation and face-based design for ...
Supported Jaw Model Orientation for Face Model Alignment
Dental Pro for iOS and Face Cloud Dental provide automated alignment of face models to jaw models. In order for this alignment to work correctly, the input jaw models must be oriented in one of the following coordinate axis directions for the ...
Using Condyle Positioning for the Digital Face Bow
Bellus3D has added the ability for users to place left side and right side condyle location markers on the face model as locations in 3D space that are coincident with the alignment of the face and jaw models. By having the face model, jaw model and ...
Access and load your STL/PLY teeth or CBCT scans into the Dental Pro app
In order to select your own files for alignment, you will need an Advanced subscription. You can purchase advanced in app. Tapp the gear icon on the home page then tap Upgrade to Advanced in the Settings page to see your options. ------------- ...