You can create a Select Text from Excerpt (#007) question from the Create Question page. If you are familiar with our general question creating process, you can skip ahead to Step 5 for information specific to the Select Text from Excerpt (#007) question.
1. Name your question in the space provided and click the Save button.
2. If desired, add a stimulus to accompany the question in the space provided by clicking the Blue Pencil button and opening your Rich Text Editor. You can add text, audio, video, or images. Click the OK button upon completion. You can name this tab or you can add a new tab with an alternative stimulus by clicking the (+) button.
3. Enter the instructions and/or prompts in the space provided. If desired, change the Point value for the question.
4. Tag learning standards to your question by clicking the Tags tab. For more information about Tagging Standards, click here
. Click the Show More button to see additional options. If desired, add a Rubric, Settings, Solutions, and Hints. For more information about these options, please click here
5. To add text to the Selection Area of your question, click on the Blue Pencil button. Once you've added the text, click the Apply button.
6. Click on the Settings Gear to edit the settings of your Select Text from Excerpt question.