Accudemia: How do I set my tutoring schedule or availability for appointments?
Accudemia allows tutors to set their schedules. These color-coded schedules reveal when a tutor is available, as well as what services or courses they're open to helping with inside those time frames. This article will explain how a tutor can set up their schedule.
NOTE: If a tutor isn't able to edit their schedule, it's likely that the Center administrators or other leadership haven't enabled the permission. To enable this, an administrator will need to navigate to Control Panel > User Accounts. For more information, click this link.
1. Click the account name on the home page in the top-right of the screen and then select "My Schedule" from the dropdown.
2. Choose a Center from the list on the left side of the screen.
3. Under "Edit Mode" in the filters, choose from the following:
- Term/Semester Mode - This is the default calendar edit mode. Availability is set for the entire Term/Semester. This is equivalent to their regular workweek or office hours that are recurring throughout the semester. Use Term mode to select the term or semester where the tutor is available.
- Exceptions Only - This mode creates exceptions to the tutor's normal schedule like an off-time needed on specific dates or hours they are picking up that are different from the norm. In Exceptions Only mode, dates in the past can be edited.
- Merged Mode - This is a combination of the Term Mode and
Exceptions Only. Choose the week which needs editing. Additionally, there is the option to display appointments or not. Dates in the past cannot be edited in this mode.
4. Click the Apply Filters button at the top of the filters to start editing the schedule.
5. Click and drag the mouse over the desired time-slots in the schedule to edit them
6. Select an option from the pop-up box that appears when selecting time slots:
- Choose between available, not available, or not working during that time slot.
- Optionally add a description for what the time slot will be reserved for on the schedule.
- Set the Max
Attendees that can be met with during the selected time slots. If only
1-on-1 sessions are being offered, then enter the number 1. If groups of
4 are allowed in these sessions, enter 4.
- Select the Courses/Subject Areas for the time slot.
- Select the offered Services for the time slot.
NOTE: Some options may be preset by Center administrators. For example, Max Attendees may only go to a certain number. In addition, "Courses/Subject Areas" fills in all options by default, but individual courses and subject areas can be disabled by clicking the "Custom" link.
7. Click Save when finished.
The time will now appear on the schedule in green if available, red if not available, or white if not working.
Legend of color codes:
- Green (solid) - Available/working at the center.
- Red (solid) - Not available/not working at the center.
- Green (crosshatch) - Available/working at the center outside of the normal schedule (for instance if a tutor normally works on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on a specific date they will also be working on a Friday).
- Red (crosshatch) - Not available/not working at the center outside of the normal schedule
(for instance, if a tutor normally works on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on
a specific date they won't be working on a Monday).
- White - Not currently scheduled.
- Gray (crosshatch) - Time that is specifically scheduled as an "off-time" at the Center or College and thus not available to work.
- Maroon - Time when the tutor is scheduled to work in a different center than the current one displayed.