Administrators can use the Accudemia Data Exchange (ADX) to create groups quickly for their college. This is done using Comma-Separated Value (CSV) files imported from the school's Accudemia account. This article will explain how to use that CSV file to great a group using ADX.
For additional information on how imports and exports work, click here.
1. Open ADX and click the New Import Job button (or edit a current import by clicking its name).
2. Click the button with the three dots beside "Select File" and double-click the desired CSV file from the computer.
The CSV file should contain the group's information.
3. Match the columns from the CSV file (data on the far-left) with the Accudemia columns (on the far-right).
4. Click the Next button until the last page, then name the ADX job and click Finish >.
5. Click the "View Details" link under the name of the job on the left side of the screen, then click Run Job Now on the menu that appears.
The names of existing jobs (like the one that was just created) will now appear on the left side of the screen.
6. Log in to Accudemia and navigate to Administration > User Groups to see if ADX successfully created the group.
Running an import of a group will update it with the users who were in the CSV file and delete the users that weren't in the file. There is no way of retrieving this information, so if it's important to keep track of who used to be in the group, copy that information down before running the group import.