AccuTrack/AccuSQL: Why are my appointment confirmations not sending when I schedule an appointment in the software?
There can be several reasons that you may need to check with your IT/Network Support Team onsite as to why the mail server is not sending the emails out from AccuTrack/AccuSQL so this guide is for those that have exhausted those possibilities. Of course you need to have the communication setup done in your AccuTrack/AccuSQL software for each Local Lab/Center that you have in the system. Here is a quick guide on how to setup those settings:
- Login to AccuTrack or AccuSQL using your Admin credentials. Navigate to the Communications > Setup > Email Settings Options (or Control Panel > Email Settings Options) section.
- From this screen fill-in the required information for your school's SMTP server settings:
- Once done click the Save button at the bottom.
- To ensure the settings are working attempt the Test Email Settings button which will send a Test Message to the email account used in the settings above.
IDEA: If these settings are not working for your institution you can use a Gmail account that you have setup for each center to send the mail as an alternative.
with the appointment confirmations could be if your mail server requires
a delay between receiving emails from a mail client. If so then we
have a file that you can
add to your AccuTrack/AccuSQL installation directory that will help with this
issue. This "extradelay.dat" file (attached) will create a 3 second
delay between the sending of the email confirmations from the desktop
that the appointment is setup on in the Center.
Additionally there will be a 30 second time-out added if there is not
any response from your mail server. Here are instructions on how to
update your computers with AccuTrack/AccuSQL on them:
- First create an "extradelay.dat" file we need for this to work.
- Open notepad on your computer.
In the file you are creating enter the following:
NOTE: The "extradelay.dat" file has two values
available (you can open the .dat file in Notepad if you want to look at
it). The first line is the delay between emails and then second one if
the length to timeout in milleseconds. This means there will be a 3 second delay between sending emails and a
30 second wait on server response before a timeout is returned.
- Save the file as "extradelay.dat" on your computer or network location you can access it.
- On the computers running AccuSQL, right-click the AccuSQL icon on your desktop and select "Open File Location."
- Now in
that location place the "extradelay.dat" file to add this delay.
NOTE: The default install directory is "C:\Program Files
(x86)\AccuSQL2019" for AccuSQL and "C:\Program Files
(x86)\AccuTrack2019" for AccuTrack .
- Done! Now try setting up a new appointment to test this setup.