NOTE: This article explains how to navigate to and use the features of Ad Hoc Queries within AccuCampus; however, it does not explain how to write an Ad Hoc Query. A basic knowledge of the SQL language is needed to create queries. This feature is only available to those roles with permission.
1. On the Main Sidebar, hover over Institutional Research.
2. Click on Ad Hoc Queries.
3. To create a new Ad Hoc Query, click on New Query.
4. A pop up box will appear with several options. Either select one of the three canned queries, which can be modified, or select New Blank Query to create a query from scratch.
5. Use the SQL language to modify or design a new query.
6. A list of database tables is available on the right side of the screen to assist with your query. Click on the table needed to see the individual tokens available for that table.
7. If the query will be run again, enter a name for the query.
8. To run the query, click Execute. To save and run the query, click Save and Execute. To save the query to run later, click Save.
9. Once the query is run, the results can be downloaded as a CSV.
10. From the main page, the following options are available for all saved queries.
10a. To view a chronological record of the executions of all saved queries, click View Executions.
10b. To execute a specific saved query, click Execute.
10c. To view a chronological record of all executions for a specific saved query, click View Executions.
10d. To delete a specific saved query, click Delete.