Within AccuCampus, you are able to restrict the locations, services or staff members that users can access. Attendance restrictions allow you to have prospective students, currently enrolled students, and alumni all within the same system and ensure that they only have access to the resources that are appropriate for their unique status within the institution. AccuCampus uses tags which are placed on users (typically students) which then allow attendance restrictions to be placed.
1. From the Main Sidebar, hover over Advanced Options.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Attendance Restrictions.
4. Click Create Restriction.
5. Enter a Name for the restriction. We recommend using a unique and specific name so that other users will understand what the restriction is for.
6. Enter Details for the restriction. We recommend using a detailed description of what the restriction will do.
7. Choose whether the restriction will be on Locations, Services or Staff Members.
8. If desired, choose an Order for the restriction. If the restriction is set to show a location, service or staff member, this setting will determine the order in which it displays relative to other restricted spaces.
9. Choose whether the restriction will Show or Hide the location, service or staff member from the user. Typically, restrictions are used to Hide vs. Show.
11. Select the specific Location(s), Service(s) and/or Staff Member(s) that should be hidden or shown. If restricting a service or a staff member, you are able to further restrict by location in order to set scope.
12. Choose whether the restriction will be on users With a Tag or Without a Tag. Your decision should be based on the ratio of users with or without the tag relative to the general population.
Example of With a Tag: A Veteran’s Success Center that shows to users with the Veterans tag, but is hidden from all other users.
Example of Without a Tag: An Advising Center that is hidden to users without the Currently Enrolled student tag (such as prospective students and alumni), but is visible to all currently enrolled students.
13. Select the Specific Tag that will be used to restrict the location, service or staff member.
14. Click Save.
Module 22 - Attendance Restrictions in AccuCampus
Module 22: Attendance Restrictions in AccuCampus Topic: Attendance Restrictions Restriction Types Creating Restrictions Attendance Restrictions Within AccuCampus, you are able to restrict the locations, services or staff members that users can ...
AccuCampus: How to show/hide a location, service, or staff member based on a user Tag?
PURPOSE In AccuCampus, we can restrict access and visibility of a location, service, or staff member. You can hide or show locations, services, or staff members based on the tag(s) assigned to a user or user group. We do this by creating a rule that ...
How do I adjust the settings for appointments in AccuCampus?
This article will explain how to adjust all of the settings for appointments. If you know which specific setting you want to change, go to that article instead. 1. Log into Accucampus. From the Main Sidebar hover over the Advanced Options category. ...
AccuCampus, how to restrict access to a location using tags?
INTRO In AccuCampus we can restrict access to a location using Tags, so those users with or without a specific Tag will be able to see/use the location services/features. In this article, we describe how the process takes place. STEP BY STEP 1-If ...
Module 20 - Add or Remove Tags Rules in AccuCampus a
Module 20: Add or Remove Tags Rules Topic: Rules (Add or Remove Tags) Parts of Rules Creating New Rules Rules Within AccuCampus, you are able to create rules that tell the system to complete tasks automatically based on user actions within the ...