While using your Genius it is necessary to periodically calibrate the build plate for good adhesion of the print to the build plate. If the distance between the nozzle and build plate is too wide, your print won't adhere properly to the glass plate. Conversely, if the nozzle is too close to the build plate, it can prevent the material from extruding from the nozzle.
Note: Make sure there is no plastic on the nozzle and the glass plate is clean when you want to calibrate the build plate, or you might get inaccurate results.
- Go to TOOLS > HEAT
- Click on ADD to set extruder temperature to 200
- Click on the EXTRUDER button, the button should change to BED
- Click on ADD to set the bed temperature to 80
- Click on BACK to go back to the home screen and wait for the printer to heat up
- Go to TOOLS > LEVEL
- Click on the first button
- Wait for the printer to perform its homing procedure and continue when the print head is in the front left corner of the build plate.
- Slide a piece of A4 paper between the nozzle and the build plate, adjust the nearest knurled nut to adjust the build plate height until you can feel slight friction when moving the paper.
- Repeat step 5 on the other 3 corners.
- You may want to repeat steps 5 and 6 again as adjusting one corner will affect the others.
Caution: Do not push on the build plate while fine-tuning the calibration nuts. This will lead to inaccuracies.