This is entirely optional, but if you were ever thinking of trying to get your life-long IBA membership, and if you've just finished the NI1600, then read on...
The IBA have bulk-pre-approved all finishers of the NZ NI1600 (2018) for SS1600K certification. They are providing this pre-approval based on the event organiser's processes and checks, these applications should take a considerably shorter time than a normal first time application (which is commonly months). They are aiming for these certificates to be processed in one batch, in 3-4 weeks, and sent out to you then. I estimate you should receive your goodies by post within 6 weeks.
The process has been streamlined for all NI1600 finishers, it should be simple and quick.
Your certificate will carry a general route map on the face of it (our spot track), but your own personal details, and your own ODO km count. Below is a sample of my certificate from this ride, your map will be the same as this:
Please follow the following steps (IN DETAIL), and it will help to get this through first time with minimal back and forth..
- Visit this page, and click on the link to open your email client and pre-fill the body content of the email for you.
- Fill in the form within your email client.
- Change the subject of the email to include **your own details**.
- Take a photo of your finishers certificate and attach it to the email.
- Having calculated your charges (US$40 for certificate only, US$56.25 for a full-monty pack including certificate, plate backer, pin, badge and sticker), go to paypal and make the relevant payment , save your receipt information (as a PDF of the payment page if possible) - further details of how to make your payment are included below, and are also mentioned within the email body content. Save your paypal receipt to your computer - ideally as a PDF file. - Attach your Paypal receipt to the email.
- Send the email.
Personally (this is Chris writing), I think this is pretty awesome, I know Jon and I are really proud of our IBA memberships and love showing off the plate backers, it's a real conversation starter. :)
My personal thanks, again, go out to the NI1600 organisers who put together an excellent, very high quality, and extremely smoothly run event.
Making a paypal payment to the IBA.
This is pretty straight forward, but we assume you have a credit card, and are happy to use PayPal to make internet based payments. If so, great...
2. Login using an existing account, or create a new account if needed.
3. Click "My PayPal".
4. Click "Send and Request".
5. Choose "Send money to friends and family".
7. To download your receipt, click on "Activity".
8. Find your IBA payment and click on the transaction line.
9. Print Receipt. ... - But, in the print dialogue boxes, opt to save it to a PDF file instead.
10. Find your PDF receipt file, from wherever you saved it to on your computer, and add it to the email. :)
How to print to PDF?
- If the PDF part gets too hard, then just copy and paste the transaction reference and full receipt details into the end of the email which you're sending...
If you have any further questions, either email us at IBA Premier Certification <firstname.lastname@example.org>
, or you can give me a call on my cellphone (Chris +64 21624717).