With Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express, what exclusions should be configured for antivirus software running on the Equitrac server?
The following are the recommended exclusions:
1. Server Folders to exclude: All folder and subfolders beginning with Equitrac
2. The SPOOL folder that Microsoft's spooler service is configured to use.
3. The following subfolders under C:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\Local Settings
....Where [userid] is the account under which the Equitrac services are running.
4. File extensions to exclude: Exclude database files (mdf, ldf) and trace log files (log).
5. Server Services to exclude: all Equitrac services (CAS, DCE, DRE, Scheduler)
6. NetWare folders to exclude: The cache folder's default location is directory EQSpool under the DRE installation directory. The -c parameter can be used with EQDRESRV to specify a different cache folder.
7. The EQDRESRV install folder (i.e. load path of DRE)
8. SYS:/tmp if it exists
9: SYS:/temp if it exists
NOTE: Some of the file paths assume that this is English Windows Server 2003 installed to drive C. If DRE is on a cluster, then the folders that were manually set up on a cluster disk for DRE to use should be excluded as well.