How to Set Up Your SearchPortal Site
When your catalog is ready, enable your SearchPortal app to offer search and self-serve licensing to the public, clients, content creators. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the SETTINGS area and click on Connected Apps.
- Enable the SearchPortal app, and click the SETTINGS button net to that app.
- On the GENERAL tab, provide some basics like your site name, contact info, and branding options.
- On the ACCESS tab, decide whether you want to allow public access or invitation-only access. Set your sharing and downloading preferences.
- On the SEARCH tab, tailor the search options to your needs. Optionally, copy and paste the search code into your own website to launch a search from any page on your site.
- On the TABS tab, set the navigation options you'd like available on your site, and adjust the terminology to suit your preferences.
- On the SHARING tab, etermine the catalogs, albums and tracks to syndicate (publish) to your site. Magnetracks also allows you to exclude individual tracks; making them invisible to searches.
- On the MONETIZE tab, either tweak the default license types or create your own; providing pricing, term lengths, usage, territories, etc. Optional: Tailor the license agreement that licensees will be required to acknowledge by opening the agreement editor.
- Set your default rates and add your credit card merchant account. PayPal is default.
- Invite your network by creating an Email List, and start promoting your new SearchPortal site!
The number of tracks SearchPortal allows is determined by your subscription level: Starter, Pro or Business Edition. Check out our Packages and Pricing
page to find the right fit for you.
That’s it! Within 10 minutes, you’re a full-fledged music licensing store with a powerful admin panel that puts YOU in the driver’s seat.
How to bulk import your music catalog into Magnetracks
Magnetracks gives you a straightforward way to get all your audio files and metadata into Magnetracks. This is a three step process that involves first uploading the metadata for your tracks, and secondly uploading all the associated audio files to ...
Audio file naming conventions
Q: Can I set my own file name format for my tracks? A: Magnetracks has a default standard for how audio files are named when you create a track. This is to ensure file names are always unique and to help Magnetracks identify "which is which" when ...
How does MusicTrend calculate how "on-trend" my catalog is?
On MusicTrend's Catalog Insights dashboard, you've probably seen the chart that indicates how "on-trend" your catalog is in certain hot or trending genres/categories. It looks like this: This chart gives you a rating of 0-100% in each musical ...
Importing Data (tracks, contacts, companies, etc.)
Magnetracks allows you to import data into the system in bulk using the Import Data feature. Before you get started, there are a few things you need to know: 1. Get Your Data into a CSV File The data you wish to import must first be in a CSV ...