To add a user with specific permissions to the application, follow the steps below.
- Only users with specific permissions can add other users. If you require different permissions than you currently have, contact your system administrator.
- To be assigned any level of user permissions, a valid email address is required. Ensure the person you wish to add as a user has a valid email address before beginning this process.
1. Login to the application and select Settings at the top right corner of the screen.
2. On the left navigation, click Manage Users (2a), then click the quick add icon
3. A new window opens, titled: Step 1: Add User Account. To assign permissions to a user already in the application, begin typing in the Last Name (3a) or any of the three other fields (First Name, Phone Number, Emil Address). The application will begin to display matching records as each character is typed. Once you have located the desired record, click the checkbox next to it and then click the Add & Continue button (3c) on the bottom right corner of the screen.
NOTE: If the user does not appear in the window as you enter the search characters, the user is not in the system and must be added through the People Profiles. Refer to: Add a new profile to the application.
4. The next screen, Step 2: Assign Access will allow you to select the appropriate permissions for the user. The available roles are:
- Administrator (only a user assigned an Administrator role can assign another Administrator)
- Read only
5. The final screen, Step 3: Account Confirmation. Here you will confirm the permission levels you assigned. If the access levels are not correct, simply click X to exit and update.
6. For a full explanation of each user permission role, click on the Level Definitions link in the two far-right columns, directly below the column title on the Manage Users Screen.