ARPA E-Resources for Libraries
The Montana State Library received an award of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to be spent by the end of 2022. The use of these funds must meet the intent of the Institute of Museum and Library Services ARPA goals and objectives. Objective 1.1 is "Advance digital inclusion through approaches that may include, but are not limited to, improving digital platforms, online services, connectivity (e.g., hotspots), and creating digital literacy programs, as well as creating new processes and procedures needed to sustain a robust online environment."
To help fulfill this objective, the State Library is providing these ARPA-funded resources to Montana library patrons through 2022:
- Additional funding for the shared OverDrive collection
- Promotional materials and outreach
- Extended subscription to OverDrive E-Magazines collection
- Trial subscription to Universal Class continuing education service, available through the OverDrive Libby app and at https://montanalibrary2go.universalclass.com/
- Trial subscription to Method Test Prep, available through the OverDrive Libby app
- Additional funding for young adult ebooks in the Digital Public Library of America's Palace platform (coming Spring 2022)
- Additional funding to expand access to ebooks and e-audio in school libraries through the Montana School Libraries Shared OverDrive Collection
- READsquared renewal for public libraries to support summer reading
Additional Online Resources
- One-year subscriptions to remote-access online resources or mobile applications that extend library services during the pandemic: details coming soon
Audiobooks for offline use
- Playaways for public library patrons - coming Spring 2022
Please contact Cara Orban at the Montana State Library (firstname.lastname@example.org
or 406-444-5350) if you have questions about any of these resources.
MontanaLibrary2Go - Libby - Extras
What are Extras? Through one time ARPA funding the Montana State Library is able to provide access to Extras through the free Libby app until December of 2022. These Extras include Universal Class, Method Learning and The Great Courses. You'll find ...
MontanaLibrary2Go Materials Selection Policy
The purpose of the Materials Selection Policy is to list the general standards used to select materials for the statewide Montana Library2Go downloadable e-content collection. The MontanaLibrary2Go member libraries recognize that American democracy ...
MontanaLibrary2Go Selection Procedure: Visual guide
Please see the attached PDF for a document containing these steps
Retrieving OverDrive Collection Counts by Format and Audience
1. Log in to OverDrive Marketplace (https://marketplace.overdrive.com) 2. From the blue task bar, select "Insights." This will take you to the consortium dashboard. Under "Popular Reports," select "Title Status & Usage." Then ...
OverDrive - Invoicing
Your library's annual MontanaLibrary2Go invoice will be accessible to the person who is assigned invoicing authority in OverDrive Marketplace. State Library staff assign invoicing to the library director unless otherwise instructed. Invoicing Account ...