The Montana State Library (MSL) has American
Recovery Plant Act (ARPA) funds available for adding special collections to the
Montana Memory Project (MMP). Funding
awards must be used for costs specific to scanning and digitizing materials. No match is required, but funding award
recipients are asked to track and report
the time and funds contributed to the project.
All Montana libraries, museums,
historical societies, and archives may apply to have collections added to the
Project Funding awards can be used for the following:
· Paying a vendor for scanning collection materials;
· Oral history creation; or
· Metadata creation.
recipients will arrange to have digitization done using a vendor of their choice.
Project Funding awards cannot be used for:
· purchasing equipment; or
· paying for an existing employee's time.
for Project Funding awards:
· Applicants must submit an MMP
Collection Application and receive approval from the MMP selection
committee with the Project Funding Application.
· The project must be shipped to the vendor for
digitization no later than March 11, 2022.
· All project funds must be expended, and invoices
submitted to MSL by June 10, 2022.
· At the end of the project, the award recipient
will submit a short narrative report detailing the time and funding required
for completing the project as well as any challenges or lessons learned. This report is due no later than August 31,
will be evaluated against the following criteria:
· Project is significant to the intended audience.
Project enhances the larger Montana Memory
Project, per goals as outlined in the MMP Collection Policy
· Funding is important to the project completion.