This article covers how designated staff at libraries with BCMobile templates can access the app's content management system and support, introduces basic terminology, and reviews how to reload the app on a smartphone to immediately view changes made in the CMS.
Libraries that purchase a BLUEcloud Mobile template
will have access to the Content Management System
(CMS) which is available at https://admin-sdna.sol.us/
The MSC administrators will deliver login credentials specific to your library. Upon login, you will only have access to the channels and content relevant to your library. Please note that you should use the single login for all individuals at your library who may assist with managing the app. Content created by one user is not automatically shared with others. Using separate users may make it hard to update content in the future.
While the MSC system administrators are available to assist with questions that relate to shared content and configuration, you are the master of your own template and have the responsibility that comes with that. Specifically, you will be responsible for adding, editing and updating your own content beyond what has already been configured for you based on the template questionnaire. Any changes, intentional or unintentional, that result in an elevated level of support from SirsiDynix or the Montana Shared Catalog staff may result in billable work.
You can find answers to many questions about the CMS through the MSC knowledge base
. In addition, you will find a question mark icon
on the left side bar that will lead you to detailed help articles. While there is a support phone number and email address for SirsiDynix, the support team can only respond to inquiries submitted by MSC personnel
. If you have a question about configuration, please submit your questions through the MSC support desk and we can forward them to SirsiDynix as applicable.
If you accidentally delete content you meant to retain, please open an MSC help desk ticket
right away. Solus can retrieve deleted data before the first of the month
The main areas of the CMS that you will interact with are Channels, Content, and Mobile Apps.
What you'll see after logging into the BCMobile CMS.
- Channels - a channel is the information page for a library. Your list of channels will include each of your branches. To update information like library hours or your website URL, you will access Channels.
- Content - Content is the place where you can upload content to schedule for display on your channel (library information page) or as a tab within the app. Content includes links to outside resources, RSS feeds, PowerPoints, videos, images, PDFs, or an html page.
- Mobile Apps - Mobile Apps lets you configure the look and options available to users. This is where you will go to add new tabs, create a book carousel, change icon colors, and adjust language translations.
Reloading the App
As you edit content or manipulate the appearance of your template, you can review the changes immediately within the app by forcing it to reload.
Reloading will force the app to load any changes you have made and saved in the CMS on your phone only. Changes will be visible for users that have already installed the app after a few hours.
1. Open the app on your smartphone.
2. Click the three-bar (hamburger) menu.
3. Go to Preferences.
4. At the bottom of Preferences, choose Reload.