Manually applying a Nucleo Patch
1) Ensure Nucleo (OPTICAM Classic) is not running
2) Navigate to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OPTICAM_ClassicV8.x
- "x" will be the version you have, for example, V8.1 or V8.2
3) So you can always revert back, make a copy of the previous fixture support files:
a) navigate to the support sub-folder, for example:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OPTICAM_ClassicV8.2\support
b) In this folder, you will see a "fixture" sub-folder. Rename this folder to fixture_yyyy_mm_dd, for example fixture_2020_06_01
Should you need to revert back later, you can delete the newer fixture folder that will be created when the ZIP contents are applied, then rename the previous, backed-up folder to fixture.
5) Click Open Additional Downloads Page
6) You will be prompted for a password. Password - C@mt3k
7) Once opened, you should see this style of page:
8) Look for the newest file named similar to:
- Version_YEAR_Q?.zip - for example, Build 134 Version_2020_Q2.zip
The Q? denotes the quarter of the year, so the highest number is the newest.
Unless otherwise advised, do not use versions prefixed "BETA".
9) Right-click the file and select "Download".
10) Once downloaded, locate the ZIP file (hint: use CTRL-J on most browsers to go to the download folder).
11) Unzip the file to a suitable location, for example, C:\TEMP. You should see folders such as "support", "system", "profiles". Select the folders extracted from the ZIP and copy them (keyboard shortcut CTRL-C).
12) Change back to the folder similar to:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OPTICAM_ClassicV8.x
In this folder, you should see folders such as "support", "system", "profiles". These should match the ones you have copied.
Paste (CTRL-V) the ones just copied from C:\TEMP over the existing ones.
- NOTE: You will need Administrator Rights to do this. If prompted to do so, click "Yes".
If you cannot perform this task with your user rights, contact your IT department.
13) Start Nucleo. The update should now be applied.
For more assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org