2. Choose “Groups” from the Administration block located on the left side of the course page.
3. Click “Create Group” to create a new group of participants.
4. A new page will appear. Enter in the Group Name and provide a description for the group. When finished, click “Save Changes”.
5. You will see the group that you just created in the column labeled “Groups”. Click on “Add/Remove users” to add people to the group.
6. To assign users to the group that you just selected, highlight their name on the right side column and click on the arrow pointing to the left. To remove users from a group, highlight their name of the left side column and click the arrow pointing to the right. When you are finished, click the “Back to groups” button at the bottom of the page.
7. Once you have created the groups and assigned to users to each group, you must put each group in to a “Grouping”. Click on the “Groupings” tab at the top of the page.
8. To create a new Grouping, click on “Create New Grouping” at the bottom of the page.
9. Type in a Grouping Name and description and then click “Save Changes”. If only adding one group to the grouping that you are creating, it is a best practice to make the “Grouping Name” the same as the “Group Name” you created earlier.
10. To assign a group(s) to the grouping that you just created, click on the icon for the corresponding grouping under the “Edit” column with two people.
11. You must assign each Grouping with a group that you have already created. You may add one or more groups to each grouping. To add a group to a grouping, highlight the name of the group in the right side column, and click the arrow pointing to the left. You will see the group name move over to the left side column. To remove a group from a grouping, highlight the name of the group in the left side column, and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
12. Click on “Back to groupings” at the bottom of the page when finished.