Archive and Records Action Glossary
There are a number of actions that an account can take on records and archives in Permanent.org. These include:
- Uploading a file
- Creating a new folder
- Navigating into a folder
- Reading metadata for a specific folder
- Reading metadata for a specific file
- Changing metadata on an existing folder
- Changing metadata on an existing file
- Deleting the contents of an existing folder
- Deleting an existing file
- Adding files to public folder
- Adding folders to public folder
- Move an existing file
- Move an existing folder
Move is only allowed within the topmost folder that move access is granted on. You cannot move across that boundary (but can copy & delete, if given appropriate permissions).
Share (share-level permissions)
- Add archives to a shared item
- Change archive access on a shared item
- Remove archive access to a shared item
Edit Members (member level permissions)
- Add members to an archive
- Change member access to an archive
- Remove member access to an archive
Curator Shorthand for an Archive or Account that has been granted Curtator Access. Curator Access to an Archive An Account that has the ability to control, update, and modify the entirety of a Permanent Archive in which they are a Member. Curator ...
Your archive profile is where you can describe the person, organization, or family that your archive is about. Here, you can change the the name of the archive, add a biography, birth date and location, and list important dates, or milestones, ...
Three Ways to Control Access to Records in Your Archive
As the owner of an archive, you have three ways to grant access to records in your archive to other people. In order from least restrictive to most restrictive: Publish to the web – choose this option if you want anyone to easily access your records ...
Your Public Archive is a gallery of your materials that is publicly available for anyone on the internet to view. Upload, organize, describe, and publish your records and then share your Public Archive URL with friends and family. Adding, removing, ...
Folder Thumbnails and File Type Icons in Public Archive
Folders in your Permanent.org Public Archive feature thumbnail previews of one of the files inside the folder. Files and folders in your Public Archive also include icons that indicate the file type. This article documents what each of those icons ...