Account Administrator: How to setup QuickBooks Online Integration for your account
Solatech Focus users who have the QuickBooks Online
Integration enabled for their account can easily link their Focus
account to their QuickBooks online account. After a few setup items
have been completed, the Account Administrator can begin sending
information to QuickBooks Online from Focus. This knowledge base
article will describe that process.
Online Integration is an optional add-on feature. Contact your Site
Administrator or Solatech Sales for additional information.
- QuickBooks Online Integration must be enabled by your Site Administrator before the steps in this article can be completed.
- An active QuickBooks Online account is required.
Step 1: Initial Setup
- While logged in as an Account Administrator (AA), click on Admin from the upper navigational toolbar
- Click on Integrations from the lower navigational toolbar
- Click the button Connect to QuickBooks Online
- On the Intuit Sign In screen, enter your QuickBooks Email/User ID and Password and click Sign In
the next window, you will be asked to select the QuickBooks company you
wish to connect to Solatech Focus (if more than one QuickBooks company
- Click the Connect button
- You will receive a message that your account is now connected in QuickBooks.
Step 2: Setup Accounts
that QuickBooks is connected with Focus, you will need to setup your
list of accounts to be used for export. Since the account names need to
match in both places to insure proper import, you will need to refer to
QuickBooks Online for this part of the setup process.
- Navigate to your Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online
- Enter the name of each account shown in Solatech Focus to match the account name in QuickBooks Online
- The Default Income Account will be the account that you use to track sales
- The Default Expense Account will be the account that you use to track expenses. This is typically Cost of Goods Sold.
image below is an example of accounts that have been filled in. This is
only an example - your values will vary, based upon your current
QuickBooks Online setup.
- If you do not want to send width and height to QuickBooks, place a check mark to the right of Use Alternate line item description
- When all information has been entered, press Update
Step 3: Setup tax rates, terms and payment methods
All of the items listed below can be accessed by clicking Admin, and selecting Lists
- Sales tax rate setup in Focus will vary, based upon how your sales tax rates are calculated in QuickBooks Online.
you are using automatic tax rate calculations in QuickBooks, sales tax
information in Focus will not be sent to QuickBooks Online. If your
sales tax rates are not entered properly in Solatech Focus however, the
tax total could be different in both systems.
- If you are using
manually entered tax rates in QuickBooks, then the sales tax rates
entered in Focus must match the information in QuickBooks. If sales
tax rates do not match in both systems, QuickBooks export will fail.
Terms that are in QuickBooks Online should also be in Solatch Focus. If
the terms sent from Solatech Focus are entered differently than they
are in QuickBooks Online, then a new Terms item will be added to
- All Payment Methods that are in QuickBooks Online
should also be in Solatech Focus. If the Payment Methods sent from
Solatech Focus are entered differently than in QuickBooks Online, then a
new Payment Method will be added to QuickBooks.
- How to use QuickBooks Online Integration
- Solatech Focus
How to use QuickBooks Online Integration
Summary This knowledge base article will describe the process of sending information from a Solatech Focus account to a QuickBooks Online account. This knowledge base article assumes that QuickBooks Online integration is enabled for your account, ...
Site Administrator - How to enable QuickBooks Online integration for your accounts
Summary QuickBooks Online integration is available as an optional paid feature for Solatech Focus users. Once this feature has been turned on for your site, a Site Administrator must enable this feature for any accounts who should have access. This ...
How to Setup Norman Blinds for Online Order Processing
Summary This article explains how to setup Norman Blinds for Online Order Processing in Solatech Window Covering Software. NOTE: This applies to SWCS version 4.2.456 and higher. More Information Only the following Norman products can be processed ...
How to setup and use Dispatch.me with a Solatech Focus Account
Summary Solatech Focus offers integration with Dispatch.me, a third party dispatching system. This knowledge base article will provide instructions on how to setup and use this feature. (Dispatch.me integration is an add-on feature for Solatech ...
Error when importing into QuickBooks
When trying to import my QuickBooks .iif file, I get the following error You cannot associate an item with Sales Tax Payable, Undeposited Funds, accounts receivable, accounts payable, or non-posting Cause There can be a number of different causes for ...