Changing Products or Options in Order Entry using the Replace Items Feature
These navigation and entry instructions
may not be the only way to complete the desired task. For more in-depth
explanations, any related articles will follow the instructions as
The Replace Items feature allows you to do one of five things.
- Change the entire product including manufacturer, product, style, and options (Click on the top portion of the Replace Items icon.
- Only Change the Manufacturer, Product and Style, not including changing options within the style. (Click on Replace Products in the drop down under Replace Items.)
Replace the Style of the product. This will retain the same
Manufacturer and product, and does not include changing any options in
the style. (Click on Replace Styles in the drop down under Replace Items.)
- Only Replace an option within a style (i.e. change the color). This changes one option at a time. (Click on Replace Options in the drop down under Replace Items.)
- Or Replace discounts within a product (i.e. apply a customer discount)
- NOTE: Two or more line items MUST be highlighted in order to use the Replace Items feature.
- For the purpose of this article, we will cover the first, fourth, and fifth only, because they are the most commonly used.
The most popular choice in this feature is the Replace Items (Click on the top portion of the icon)
- From Edit Quote/Sale window, highlight two or more line items and click the top portion of the Replace Items Icon.
- This feature allows you to entirely change the manufacturer, product, style, and multiple options all at the same time.
option will open order entry and allow changes to everything except
measurement options and mount. These must remain static because you may
not want to change them all to be the same.
- For this example we
will replace the entire product, so highlight the products you would
like to replace and click on the upper portion of the 'Replace Items'
top portion of the window below shows the current product selected,
unless you have line items with different manufacturers or products. In
that case it will say
- Click 'Select' to choose the new product.
- You will first get a message telling you certain options cannot be changed.
- Then you will get a message telling you to validate before making any changes.
- Both of these messages can be disabled by checking the 'Do not show again' box before clicking OK.
- An Order Entry window will appear.
- Click the Green Validate bar, then make the desired changes.
- Remember: Using this feature you may change the manufacturer, product, style, and any options.
- Once your changes have been made, click OK. Then click OK again to apply the replacement.
- A window will appear that summarizes the changes, including any changes to the price.
- Click OK to make the changes to the quote.
- This window shows all changes made to the product, including price. Any errors generated by the change will be shown at the bottom of each line item summary.
- To complete the change, click OK.
- Save the quote or sale so your changes are not lost.
To change an option within the same product and style:
- From Edit Quote/Sale window, click the down-arrow under the Replace Items Icon, then click Replace Options.
this example, we will change the color option. In the window shown
below, after 'Change instances of option', choose 'Color' from the drop
- Then choose the color to which the products need to be changed.
- Then click OK.
review window will open showing any change to the Pricing of the line
item selected. To view the details of the change, click the [+] next to
the line number.
- Again, this window, will show any errors
generated by the change. These can be addressed by double clicking on
the line item to edit.
- To complete the change, click OK.
To change the discounts applied to each line:
- With two or more Line Items highlighted, click the down arrow under 'Replace Items' and choose 'Replace Discounts'.
- You will have the choice to Change the Item Discount or the Customer Discount.
- Item Discount should be a flat rate discount that, for example, might discount the cordless surcharge for each line item.
- Customer Discount will be a percentage discount that gets applied to each line that is highlighted.
- Click on the radio button of which discount you would like to change.
this example we are changing the Customer Discount to 20%. A percent
sign is NOT needed after the number when you are changing the CUSTOMER
- Click OK
- A review screen will appear showing how this will change the price of each line item.
- Click OK again to apply these changes to the quote.
How to use the Replace feature in Solatech Focus
How to use the Replace feature in Solatech Focus Summary Solatech Focus users have the ability to replace products and/or options quickly on an existing quote or sale. This knowledge base article provides instructions on how to use this feature. ...
How to add discounts to multiple lines using Replace Discounts
Summary SalesPRO Software gives sales reps the ability to give a line by line discount to multiple lines, using the Replace Discounts feature. This article will provide instructions. Instructions From within Order Entry, highlight the line items you ...
How to retain all options, including measurements, when adding line items to a quote or sale
Summary When working in order entry, users can choose to retain all options, including measurements, when adding a line and starting another. This knowledge base article describes how to enable this feature. Instructions In order entry, place a ...
Working With Discounts and Promotions in Order Entry
Summary This article explains how to apply and manipulate Customer Discounts and Customer Promotions in Order Entry. More Information Customer Discounts are reductions in the price of products, based on a category assigned to the customer (e.g. ...
How to use the multi-measurement feature in Quick Entry
Summary This article explains how to use the Multi-Measurement feature in the Quick Entry screen of the Solatech Window Covering Software. More Information The Multi-Measurement feature simplifies the measuring process when you need to take multiple ...