How to add a list option to a product
This article explains how to add a list option to a style using Product Designer.
Adding a list option is one the most common functions in Product Designer. Adding a list option involves the following steps:
- Create and populate the list with list values
- Create an option in one or more styles and attach it to the new list
Create and populate the list with list values
Create the list
- Open the product in Product Designer.
- From the View menu, click Lists.
- At the bottom of list you will see a blank row; It's the row with an * in the left column. Type the name of the new list in the List Name column.
- Press the up or down arrow key on the keyboard to move to another row. This will save the changes to the existing row.
Add items to the list
- In the Lists window, select the list you just created by double-clicking on its name. This will open the List Items window.
- Add the first item by typing its name in the Item Name column. Press the down arrow key when you are done.
- Repeat step 2 for each additional list item that you need to add.
- When you are done you can close the List Items window and the Lists window.
Create an option in one or more styles and attach it to the new list
- From the View menu, click Styles/Components.
- Select the style to which you want to add a list option.
- From the View menu, click Style Options.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of existing options.
- On the blank line, enter the name of the option in the Option column.
- Click on the Sort column and change the sort order. Options will be
sorted by this value and listed in Order Entry in ascending order.
- In the Display column, change the value to "Retail".
- In the Type column, change the value to "List".
- In the List column, select the list you created.
- Click the down or up arrow to move of the new option entry. This will save that option in the style.
You can now open the product in Order Entry and test the new list option.
- Product Designer 4.0
- Product Designer 4.1
- Product Designer 4.2
How to import list items
Summary This article explains how to import list values into a product by using the Product Designer Import Wizard. More Information In order to import list values you must first create the import file. This file needs to be created with a specific ...
How to add the additional item discount to process reports
Summary This article explains how to add the additional line item discount to process reports; to display along with the description, unit price, total price, etc. More Information The additional line item discount is not shown on the standard ...
How To Duplicate a Product File
Summary You may need to create a new product that Solatech does not support. If there is a similar product already in the software, you can duplicate the existing product to create the new product. More Information Open Product Manager. (From the ...
How to filter options on production labels based on an option value
This article explains how to filter and print select options on production labels based on a specified option value. Note: If you already have a modified label you can skip to the section 'How to setup Label and Data Fields to print options based on ...
How the Fast Refresh option works
Summary This article explains how the Fast Refresh option works when refreshing products in the Product Manager. More Information When the Solatech Window Covering Software accesses product files, for example when they are using in Order Entry, they ...