How to export discount groups from 4.2 Fab software for import into Solatech Dealer Ordering System (DOS)
This article describes how customers with Solatech
4.2 Fabrication software and a Solatech Dealer Ordering System (DOS) can
run a customer discount report that will be formatted properly for
import of discounts into accounts in the DOS.
The 4.2 report referenced below is not installed by default on your
Fabrication software. Please contact Solatech to obtain a copy of this
Instructions - Part 1
- In 4.2, navigate to Reports>Report Center
- In the left hand category column, select Discounts
- In the right hand column, scroll to the category Discounts by Customer and select the report Discounts by Customer-Selected Customer-SF by clicking on the report name once
- From the upper toolbar, use the drop down arrow to the right of Run Report to select Export
- Enter the customer name in the Criteria Field then press the Continue button
- On the Export Report Window, Click the Save As button to navigate to the location in which you wish to save your file
- Change the Save as type to Text Files
- Give the report a name in the following format "report name.csv"
- Hit the Save button
- On the Export Report window, use the drop down to the right of Export as and select Text File
- In the Options section, enter a comma (,) as the field delimiter
- Remove any data in the Page delimiter field
- Press the OK button
- Your file will be exported
- Open the file you saved
- Copy the contents
- Open Excel
- On the Home section, drop down Paste and select Use Text Import Wizard
- On the Text Import Wizard, select Delimited and click Next
- Select Comma and click Next
- Click Finish
through the document, and look for any page breaks. Delete all lines
containing page breaks. In the example below, line 47 would be deleted
- When all page breaks have been removed, save your document. (note: keep the document in the .csv format)
Instructions - Part 2
- Login to your Solatech DOS
- Click on Admin (from the upper navigational toolbar)
- Select Accounts from the sub-menu
- From your list of Accounts, click on the Account for which you wish to import discounts
- Click on Discounts (see example below)
- In the section Import Discounts, click the Choose File Button
- Navigate to the .csv file you created earlier. Click on the name once; then click Open
- Click the Apply button in Import Discounts
- Your Account discounts will be applied.
How to export data to accounting
Overview This article will explain the general procedure for selecting and export data to your selected accounting application. Details The overall process for exporting data to accounting is quite simple. You select one or more items to export and ...
Customers with parent customers don't export to QuickBooks correctly
Symptoms When a customer that has a parent customer is exported to QuickBooks the parent customer information is not included in the export file. Cause This is caused by a bug in the SWCS QuickBooks module. Workaround There is no known workaround at ...
How to Import a Price Chart from Excel
Summary This article will explain how to take a price chart from an excel spreadsheet and import it into the Product Designer 5 software A - Locate the chart on your Excel spreadsheet. 1 - Remove all $ signs, inch marks (“), and commas. 2 - ...
Discounts for deactivated products show up on discount reports
Symptoms This article explains an issue found that when printing discount reports, discounts for deactivated products appear on the reports. Cause The discounts reports run off the discount data, not the products. If a discount has been setup for a ...
Various discount reports show discounts for inactive products
Symptoms When the discount reports are run, discounts for products that are marked as inactive appear on the report. Cause There are two causes. The first is that the SQL in the reports are setup to not filter by the products' active status. The ...