How to import parameter items
This article explains how to import parameter items into a product by using the Product Designer Import Wizard.
In order to import parameter items you must first create the import file. This file needs to be created with a specific format:
- It must be a tab-delimited file
- Each parameter item must be on a separate line
- Each line should have the following data (delimited by tabs): Parameter name, List value, Width, Height, Number and Text.
The easiest way to create a import file is with Microsoft Excel. Put the data in the columns on the spreadsheet and then save the spreadsheet as a text file (tab delimited).
The following steps will demonstrate how to create and import a sample Width Allowance parameter list.
Creating the sample file
- Run Microsoft Excel
- Enter the following text in cells A1 and A2: Width Allowance
- Enter the following text in the cell B1: IB
- Enter the following text in the cell B2: OB
- Enter 0 for cells C1, C2, D1 and D2
- Enter 0.125 for cell E1 and 0 for E2
- Choose File, Save As and save the file with a type: Text (Tab delimited).
Create the Parameter List
- Run Product Designer.
- Open the product you want to import the data into.
From the View menu click Parameters.
- Enter a new row, using "Width Allowance" for the parameter name. Click off the row to make sure it gets added.
- Close the Parameters window.
Import the file
- In Product Designer, click Import from the File menu.
- From the list, choose Parameter Items.
- Click the Browse button and select the text file you created.
- Click the Import button.
- From the View menu click Parameters.
- Double-click on the parameter Width Allowance.
How to import list items
Summary This article explains how to import list values into a product by using the Product Designer Import Wizard. More Information In order to import list values you must first create the import file. This file needs to be created with a specific ...
How to Import a Price Chart from Excel
Summary This article will explain how to take a price chart from an excel spreadsheet and import it into the Product Designer 5 software A - Locate the chart on your Excel spreadsheet. 1 - Remove all $ signs, inch marks (“), and commas. 2 - ...
How to reorder line items in Solatech Focus
Summary Solatech Focus gives users the ability to easily reorder line items on a quote - even if those lines are not shown on the same page of the Quote Review screen. This article describes the process of reordering line items. Reordering items on ...
Line items are not sorted correctly in Order Entry
Summary This article explains why line items in Order Entry may not sorted by the line number. More Information It is possible to sort the line items in Order Entry by any of the visible columns. If you have sorted by the description column, or any ...
How to export discount groups from 4.2 Fab software for import into Solatech Dealer Ordering System (DOS)
Summary This article describes how customers with Solatech 4.2 Fabrication software and a Solatech Dealer Ordering System (DOS) can run a customer discount report that will be formatted properly for import of discounts into accounts in the DOS. ...