How to set up a Leica Bluetooth Laser to work in Solatech (Version 4.2 ONLY)
This article applies only to Solatech Window Coverings Software release 4.2.
article explains how to pair your Leica Bluetooth Laser with your
computer and set it up to work with your Solatech software.
This is a two step process as detailed below:
Pairing the laser to the computer:
- Look for the Bluetooth icon in the system tray (bottom right hand
corner of your screen). If this icon is not present, refer to the user's
manual for your system for instructions on enabling. This is normally
done from within the Control Panel.
- Double click on the Bluetooth icon
- Turn on your laser and enable Bluetooth by pressing the Bluetooth button on the laser.
- Select "add a device".
- Once your computer discovers the laser, highlight it and click "next:
- Enter the passkey "0000" (without the quotes) and click "next"
- Click finish.
- Make a note of the COM port for set-up within Solatech. You can
find the COM port by right clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the system
tray and selecting "Open Settings". Switch to the COM ports tab and
look for the Disto COM port which is following by the words "serial
Setting up the laser in your Solatech software:
Note: If you have previously paired a laser in Solatech, skip this section and proceed to Setting up a New Laser in Solatech
- Open a new or existing quote or order in Solatech.
- Expand the "Items" menu in the upper toolbar and select "Setup Laser Measuring" from the drop down menu.
- The Setup Wizard will appear.
- Select the check box "My hardware is installed and functioning on this computer" on the second screen of the setup wizard.
- Select the correct COM port from the drop down menu.
- Turn on your laser and enable the Bluetooth by pressing the Bluetooth icon button.
- Click next and then click "Test Connection"
- This will install and setup your laser for use in Solatech
- Complete the last steps of the setup wizard (typically the default settings are fine) and then click "finish"
Setting up a new Laser in Solatech:
- Open a new or existing quote or order in Solatech
- Click on the Laser Measure Quick Entry icon, or go to Items>Laser Measure Quick Entry
- From the Options button in the lower right hand corner of the Quick Entry Window, use the drop down menu and select Communications Setup
- On the Communication Setup Window, enter the COM port of the new laser
- Enable the Bluetooth on the laser
- Click the Test Connection button
- This will setup the new laser for use in Solatech
- Solatech Window Coverings Software release 4.2