How to setup customers in Fabrication and accounts in Solatech Focus to insure accuracy
For Solatech customers who are utilizing both
Fabrication software and a Focus site for their dealers, it is important
that certain items are setup properly in both systems This knowledge
base article will contain instructions on how to correctly setup
customers and accounts.
note that although the instructions list entering customer in
Fabrication software first and in Focus second, this may be completed in
- Enter a new customer (Customer>New Customer)
- In the Name field, enter the name of the customer's business
- In the Account field, enter the account number that has been assigned to the customer
- Enter Contact, E-mail, Phone 1, Phone 2 and Fax if information is available
- Enter Billing Address
- Enter Shipping Address (if shipping address is the same as billing, the Copy button may be used)
- On the Additional tab, select the correct Discount Group for the customer
- Select the Sale Rep for the order (optional)
- Select the default ship method for the order (optional)
- Press Save and Close
(note this must be performed by a Site Administrator who has the appropriate security privileges to create new accounts)
- Click on the Admin link from the upper navigation bar
- Click on Accounts from the sub-menu bar
- Click on the Add Account button
the name section, enter the Dealer Name in the Name field (use the same
dealer name that you used for Customer Name in Fabrication software)
- Enter dealer's email, phone, billing and shipping addresses
- Enter the name of the person who will be the Account Administrator for this account
- Enter that person's email address
- Account Admin address is optional
- Select the additional roles of Sales Rep and Installer.
- Click Create
- Note: the account admin will receive an email from email@example.com which will contain their password.
- Once the account has been created, click on the hyperlink for the account
- From the sub-menu which appears, click on Products
- Click on the Update button to the right of your Vendor Name
- Enter the Account # in the appropriate field. (note, this will be the same account number used in the Fabrication software)
- Click Update
- Click on Discounts from the sub-menu
- Click on Choose File
to the location of the discount file for this Account (discounts in
this file must match what is entered in the Fabrication system)
- Click Apply
- For more information on vendor discounts in Solatech Focus, refer to this knowledge base article: Managing Vendor Discounts in Solatech Focus
How to Setup and use a Leica Disto X3 laser with your Solatech Focus system
Summary This article describes how to pair a Disto X3 laser to your Windows or iOS device. It also describes how to transmit those measurements into your Solatech Focus system. Instructions for Pairing Windows Turn on your X3 laser (Bluetooth is ...
User Security in Solatech Focus
Summary Each Solatech Focus user has one of four types of user security: Site Administrator, Account Administrator, Sales Rep or Installer. This article will describe each user type in detail. Site Administrator One Site Administrator is created ...
Creating and Maintaining your Site and Accounts information in Solatech Focus
Summary When you receive your Focus site, certain items have been setup for you prior to delivery. These items include payment terms and methods, product margins, sales tax rates and more. When any of these items require adjustment, or when you need ...
Setting up email for your Solatech Focus User Account
Summary Solatech Focus allows users to setup the email address which will be used to send quote to customers. By default, emails sent will come from noreply@Solatech.com. Your Account Administrator will decide to either have all emails sent from ...
How to setup and use Dispatch.me with a Solatech Focus Account
Summary Solatech Focus offers integration with Dispatch.me, a third party dispatching system. This knowledge base article will provide instructions on how to setup and use this feature. (Dispatch.me integration is an add-on feature for Solatech ...