How to use QuickBooks Online Integration
This knowledge base article will describe the process
of sending information from a Solatech Focus account to a QuickBooks
Online account. This knowledge base article assumes that QuickBooks
Online integration is enabled for your account, and that you have
performed the setup steps in this article: How to Setup QuickBooks Online Integration for your Account.
- Click on QuickBooks from the upper navigational bar
- On this screen, you will see the following sections
- Overview - displays a count of Customers, Orders, Purchase Orders and Payments which have not yet been sent to QuickBooks
- Customers - displays all Customers not sent to QuickBooks
- Orders - displays all Orders not sent to QuickBooks
- Purchase Orders -
displays all Purchase Orders not sent to QuickBooks (**sending
purchase orders requires that feature to be active in QuickBooks Online)
- Payments - displays all Payments not sent to QuickBooks
- Place a check mark to the left of each item you wish to send. Items from multiple sections can be selected at the same time
note that if you select an Order for a Customer not yet in QuickBooks,
that Customer will be exported along with the Order.
- Purchase Orders and Payments must be selected and sent separately.
- When all items to be exported have been selected, click the Send to QuickBooksbutton
- In the example below, we will send Order 4002 and 4000
customers for these orders have not yet been exported - but we do not
need to select them - they will be sent automatically along with the
- We will select the Purchase Orders associated with these orders
- We will also select the Payments associated with these orders.
- The Send section on the bottom left hand corner of the page gives you a summary of what will be sent.
- When the Send to QuickBooks button is pressed, a pop up will appear, asking you to confirm your choices
- Press OK
and you will be taken to a new screen, alerting you that a sync is in
process. During this time you may continue to use Focus as normal,
however you will be unable to select any additional QuickBooks items to
- When the session is completed, a notification bar will appear
- All items sent to QuickBooks will be listed in the Activity section
- Clicking QuickBooks from the upper navigational bar will return you to the export screen
Marking items as sent to QuickBooks
If you have an items which should not be sent to QuickBooks, you can easily mark them as sent to clear them from this screen.
- Place a check mark to the left of each item which will not be sent
- Place a check mark in the box Mark as sent (in the lower right hand corner of the QuickBooks screen)
- Click the Start button
- Click OK on the pop-up window which says "Send the selected items to QuickBooks?"
- The items will be marked as sent.
Note about Purchase Orders:
order to send Purchase Orders, this feature must be enabled in
QuickBooks Online, otherwise the PO export will fail. It is not
required to send POs to QuickBooks online. If this is not a feature you
use, mark them as sent to clear them from the list of items to export.
the event that you add the Purchase Orders feature to your QuickBooks
Online account after you have used Focus QuickBooks integration to
export invoices for a period of time, it is possible that you will
encounter errors. This can happen when product names exist in QuickBooks
Online from previous imports, but they have no expense account
assigned, as that information was not needed at time of import. In this
case, you would need to manually assign expense accounts to each
- If any errors are encountered during the export, the Activity section will give you information on the problem. You can correct the issue and then export the item(s) again.
Activity section can be viewed on the QuickBooks section immediately
after an export is completed. After that point, it can be viewed by
clicking on the View History hyperlink
will be exported using the product name in Solatech Focus. If the
product name does not exist in QuickBooks Online, it will be added.
- How to setup QuickBooks Integration for your account