Managing Vendor Discounts in Solatech Focus
Site Administrators have the ability to change or add
vendor discounts for any of their accounts when needed. This document
explains the process of updating vendor discounts.
the initial setup of your Focus site, a discount file was created and
uploaded to your site, based upon vendor discount sheets provided. This
csv file will be the starting place for updates.
Step 1: Downloading existing discounts and understanding the comma separated value (csv) file
- Begin by going to your Admin page
- Click on Accounts
- Discounts are managed by Account, so click on one of the accounts shown on this page
- You will see a set of navigation links for this account
- Click on the link for Discounts
- Under Export Discounts, click on the Download button to download your existing vendor discounts
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded csv file (if prompted, open with Excel)
file will have 4 columns::
Do not change these headings.
- The vendorname is the name of the vendor for the product. This typically will not change
- The discountlevel column allows you to identify the level of discount which will apply. 1=Product level; 2=Style level, 3=Option level
- The productname column contains the name of the product. This must be entered exactly as it appears in your Focus site
- The style column contains style name (this field may be blank and will only contain data if the discount level is set to 2 or 3)
- The optionname column contains option names (this field may be blank and will only contain data if the discount level is set to 3)
- The discount
column contains your vendor discount as found on the cost factor sheets
provided by your vendor(s). The discount should be entered in the
following format: (1-vendor multiplier). For example, if the multiplier
on your vendor cost factor sheet= .345, the value entered in the
discount column will be .655.
Step 2: Adjusting your vendor discount sheet
- To change an existing discount, simply click in the discount field for the product to be changed and enter the new number
- To add a style or option level discount, first change the discountlevel number to the appropriate value
the discount is a 2 (style level) you must insert rows into the
document that match the number of styles contained in the product
- These new rows will be filled out with the same vendorname, discountlevel and productname as the original line
- The style column will be populated with the style name for each product style
- The order and name of the styles must match the order/name found in your Focus Products list
- For this fictitious example. we'll look at how we would assign a style level discount for the product GRA-Perfect-Vue Shades
our vendor cost factor sheet, we see that this product has a multiplier
of .34 and that the style cordless has a multiplier of .3
- First, we'll go to Products on our focus site
- In the Vendors section, click on Graber
- In the Products section, click on GRA-Perfect-Vue Shades
- In the Styles section, we see that there are 3 styles: Standard Corded, Cordless Life and Standard 2 on 1 Headrail
- We will make a note of the order and exact name of each style, as we'll need it in our .csv file
- On our csv file, we'll insert two rows after the existing product GRA-Perfect-Vue Shades
- We'll change the discountlevel to 2
- We'll enter the stylename for each product style
- The optionaname column will remain blank
- We'll enter the appropriate discount for each style
- The completed section of our csv file will look like the example below
process for adding an optionlevel discount is similar. The style name
and option name must match the data found in your Focus Site. To find
the option names and the exact order, begin a new quote in Focus and
then look at the option list.
- For our example, we have added an option level discount for the Hunter Douglas product HD - Décor Metal Blinds
vendor cost factor sheet shows that the Décor blinds have the following
factors, based on slat size: 1" slat= = ..4; 1/2" slat = .45
- We would change our discountlevel to 3
- By starting a new quote, we can see that the only style for this product is Decor
- The option name is called Slat Size
- The options are listed in this order: 1 inch Slat, 1/2 Inch Slat
- The data would be entered into our csv file as shown below
add a new product, simply insert a line into your document in the
location that matches the order listing of products in the Products
list. The product name must also match exactly.
- Fill in the vendorname, discountlevel ,productname and discount field
NOTE: Products should NOT be removed from this sheet.
Step 3: Importing the updated discounts into your Focus site
all changes made to the csv file. (note: even though the editing is
perform in Excel, the file must be saved in the csv format)
- On your Admin tab, we'll return to the Account>Discounts page
- Under the Import Discounts, click the Choose File button
- Navigate to the location of the saved csv file and click on the file name, then click the Open button
- Click on the Apply button in Focus
- Click OK on the pop-up confirmation message
- You will receive notification once the update is completed. This should take under 1 minute.
The discount files must be imported for each Account. If your other
Accounts have the same vendor discounts, you may use the same csv and
import into each Account.
Managing Vendor Discounts
Summary This article explains how Vendor Discounts are managed in SalesPRO. More Information We will be working with functions found on the Maintenance tab. General Vendor discounts are the factors provided by the vendor/manufacturer to you, the ...
How to Setup and use a Leica Disto X3 laser with your Solatech Focus system
Summary This article describes how to pair a Disto X3 laser to your Windows or iOS device. It also describes how to transmit those measurements into your Solatech Focus system. Instructions for Pairing Windows Turn on your X3 laser (Bluetooth is ...
Creating a quote in Solatech Focus
Summary This article will describe how to create a quote in Solatech Focus, including adding products, discounts and surcharges (shipping, measuring, install, etc.). Instructions From the Home Page, click on the Create a Quote button. (note: Site ...
How to setup customers in Fabrication and accounts in Solatech Focus to insure accuracy
Summary For Solatech customers who are utilizing both Fabrication software and a Focus site for their dealers, it is important that certain items are setup properly in both systems This knowledge base article will contain instructions on how to ...
How to view the product pricing breakdown and vendor discounts on a line item
Summary Users of Solatech Focus can easily view price breakdowns on line items in their system. Users can also view the percentage of discount which has been applied to a line item. The percentage shown is based on the multipliers from your vendors ...