This articles explains how to use Leica Disto Transfer software to
transfer measurements into Solatech. This method can be used as an
alternative for users who experience Bluetooth connectivity issues in
Solatech. This is most often seen on computers running Windows 10.
Installation of Disto Transfer Software
Use the link below to download and install the Disto Trasnfer
software for Leica Disto models D8, A6, D330i and D3aBT. Disto Transfer
Software is suitable for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and
Windows 10 computers.
Setup Disto Transfer Software
order for the Quick Entry to accept the measurements from the Disto
Transfer software a few settings need to be changed in the Disto
- Run the Disto Transfer software from the shortcut on the Desktop.
- Make sure your Disto is on and Bluetooth is enabled.
- When the Active Leica DISTO screen appears select your Disto and click OK.
- Click the m/ft/in button.
- Under Metric Measurements choose Original values and under Feet Inch Format select the third radio button.
- Click OK.
- On the Disto Transfer software window appears, click the Maximize button to display the advanced settings.
- On the Send tab, under Send DISTO Data, click Send to current input position.
- Also on the Send tab, under Data Format, replace the current text with:
- “Inch InchFract##Return” (without the quotes).
- Click the Minimize button to close the advanced settings.
- You are now ready to use the Disto Transfer software with Quick Entry.
Bluetooth Settings for Windows 10 and Disto Transfer
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower right hand side of your screen
- Select All Apps as shown below
- Scroll down to the folder Disto Transfer 4.0
- Select Disto Transfer Bluetooth Install
- Place a check mark in the box "Always use the Microsoft BT stack....."
- Click "OK"
Using Quick Entry with the Disto Transfer Software
Quick Entry Settings
- Open Quick Entry.
- Click Options, Other Settings.
- On the General tab click Use the Disto Transfer software to communicate with the Disto.
On the General tab, remove the check mark to the left of Only for electronic measurements
- Click OK.
Taking and Sending Measurements
- Open Quick Entry.
- Turn your Disto on and make sure its Bluetooth is on.
- In Quick Entry, click the Launch Disto Transfer button.
the Disto Transfer software is connected to your Disto you are ready to
take and send measurements. As long as the Disto Transfer software is
running it will send any measurement received from the Disto to the
active window. Make sure the active window is the SWCS Quick Entry
- If the Quick Entry screen is not selected, select it now.
- Make sure the cursor is in the Width field.
- Take a measurement and send it. The width field will be populated.
- Take a measurement and send it. The height field will be populated.
- Repeat the process as much as needed.
- When you are done, click OK to populate Order Entry.
Note: The Disto
Transfer software will remain open and connected to your device. You can
re-open Quick Entry, position the cursor on the Width field and send
measurements. There is no need to re-launch the Disto Transfer software
unless it’s been closed. Once you are done using your Disto you can
close the Disto Transfer software.
Solatech Window Covering Software 4.2