This scan mode will allow you to scan a patient’s torso one side at a time. Then, the MSoft software will merge both sides together to create a whole torso model. To use this mode, put two landmarks on each flank of the lain down patient. The location does not really matter, but it should be asymmetrical to make it easier for the algorithm. You can use simple dotted shape color stickers that you can find at any office supply store (see picture below).
1. Make sure you calibrate the scanner before making the scan and recalibrate each time you remove or move the camera from the iPad. This process aligns the color with the scan.
2. Use color markers that are contrasting with the skin or clothe color so that you can locate them well.
3. 2 landmarks on each side, as shown in this video. They should be put asymmetrically meaning not at the same distance from each other at each side.
4. The patient must wear something that has a close fit or, ideally, be scanned bared. This is because of the landmarks you will use. These must stay at the same location reference to the body when you roll the patient.
5. In the 3DsizeMe settings, choose the "Per Vertex" option in the "Scan with color" menu.
6. Scan the front or the back of the torso. Make sure all four markers were detected and click done.
7. Turn the patient on the other side. Click the red arrow under the "Done" button and scan the other side, always with the 4 markers.
8. You will now identify your markers on the 2 pictures. Select the pinpoint logo at the bottom-left corner of your iPad screen. Put your finger on the landmarks on the pictures and hold for 2 seconds to identify them by the software. You can zoom in the picture for a better precision. A colored dot will appear.
Submit your two-sided scan to MSoft in your PC, through your email or Dropbox account. Then, align, clip and accept when you are satisfied. MSoft will join the two sides together to give you a watertight form. Save the file in the format needed for whichever purpose you need it. When you will process in MSoft, it will try to do the merging and cleaning automatically. It works well but there are always cases where the merge is messy or wrong. Then there is a manual mode in MSoft to merge the right way.
If you need more info, please contact us.