How do I overdub, or record while a song is playing in Song Surgeon
|Here are step by step instructions on how to overdub in Version 5:|
1. Connect your microphone or instrument to your computer from which
you want to record.
2. Open a song or file in SS
3. Open the Recording window
4. In the Output setting select, overdub
5. Go to the Recording devices (near button) and select the device you
connected in #1.
6. Click the Start button in the Recording window and the loaded file will play and
you can begin playing/singing,
7. When done, click Stop >> Keep.
8. This will open a new instance of SS and insert the recording and you can then play it back.
9. If you wish to save it permanently, Export this newly created recording and create a new audio file.
The Record Function in Song Surgeon doesn't work on Catalina
If you are trying to use the recording function found in Song Surgeon 5 and have Catalina, please review the information below. Apple's newest operating systems have additional security features that make access to the microphone on your Mac ...
Song Surgeon Locks up or freezes when I try to record
If you encounter a situation where Song Surgeon locks up or freezes when you attempt to record, please check the recording devices on your machine and make certain at least one is enabled. The easiest way to do this is to open SS, then select Record, ...
Can't Record System audio on Win 10 using Song Surgeon 5
The newest updates to Windows 10 contain privacy and security settings for the usage of your machine's microphone. These settings will block SS's access to your microphone when trying to record system audio. Here is what you need to do to solve ...
Song Surgeon Won't Open
If Song Surgeon doesn't open when you click the icon, it could be due to the absence of a utility called WinpCap which SS uses, and which is supposed to be installed at the same time Song Surgeon is installed. Please download and install this ...
Can't Register Song Surgeon
If you have attempted to register Song Surgeon and these attempts are not successful, there are two common issues 1.Â The data you are entering might be incorrect. Song Surgeon requires you to enter the EXACT information you used when you ordered ...