ARTICLE: Manage Leave Icons Explained
- Icons Explained
The Manage Leave screen is
the epicentre of the leave module. All existing Leave items will be
displayed on this screen from the moment they are created until the moment that
it is completed with a Sign IN/OUT or if unused, when the return time has elapsed.
Go to: Dashboards >> Manage
you have logged into your Reach Portal and have opened the Manage Leave
screen, you will be presented with action buttons, filters and a table
listing the Leave Items currently in
your system. These three main sections provide functionality to quickly
and easily manage all facets of the Leave Items for your student
population. Your 'Groups
Managed' settings determine the pre-filtered listing to be presented.
Buttons and Filters
New Leave button opens the Leave Details page to create Leave for a student
All allows you to select all line items for quick Bulk Actions
Actions button shows a quick menu to Approve or Reject those line items selected
button provides a quick menu option to select Approved/Pending/Rejected/On Leave
drop-down allows you to select/deselect any/all columns to filter the view of the table listing
filters Houses/Year-Grade/Locations/Groups/All Leave Types, the items in each list are
all created/managed by your school
arrows in each column header to filter the table by that selected column
Search Bar provided for a swift, direct search to find Leave items for a particular student
Invert All button on the Table Listing selects all available listings for Bulk Actions
- State indicates the current status of the Leave Item with corresponding colours; Pending / Approved / Rejected / On Leave
- Actors are those that play a part in fully approving the Leave Request, to view, hover your mouse over an icon
- These actors correspond to your list of staff Roles within the 'System Configuration' settings.
- These may include; Head of House, Parent, Student, Host/Guardian, Dean's Office.
- O for Override is also included to indicate 'A staff member not involved in the request has made changes'
- IP is to indicate a suspicious approval has occurred in the process
- IP = Internet Protocol address that is unique to each device; computer / mobile phone / tablet
- Example; A student is attempting to approve their Leave Request as the Parent, via their own IP address
- KB Article: IP Alerts - Suspicious Approvals
- Properties indicates notes and information connected to the Leave Item
- Green Message icons can appear automatically as a default to a Leave Location or added as a General Note in Leave Details
- Default Notes; Go to: System Configuration >> Leave Types >> General Setting for a Leave Type
- Blue Message icons are Staff-Only Notes
- Yellow Sticky Note icon when added, will appear when the student attempts to action their Sign-out
- Blue Document icon appears when an document has been uploaded to the Leave item
- Grey Car Icon will appear when more than two methods of transportation have been created (initial plus additional legs)
- This only relates the the Voyage Transportation Module
- Grey Ratio number indicates the Leave item is Recurring and its current status
- Example; 7/16 indicates this Leave Item is number 7 of 16 total recurring Leave items
- This can be used for students that Sign-out every weekend, or have weekly Basketball training
- Type lists the Leave Type for an individual Leave event and these are created and managed by your school
- Name, Leave/Return Date, Host, and Destination are all set during the creation of the individual Leave Requests
Important Column Functions
- View all Leave items for a particular Student
- View all Leave items to a particular Destination or for a specific Leave Type
- View all Approved Leave items for the current day to assist in preparing the students or staff
- View all Pending Leave items awaiting Approval
- Approve or reject individual items
- Approve or reject in bulk by selecting multiple items and selecting the Bulk Actions button
Click on a Leave Item to open the Details View, this opens in-screen by extending the line of your selected item to reveal an extensive view of details and actionable items, including;
- All relevant details pertaining to that specific Leave item
- All current Approvals and those awaiting action
- The full Approval Trail of that Leave item
- View the Transport Details or read the full Notes attached to the Leave item
- Edit or Approve an event
- Approve on behalf of parents or other staff by clicking on their name and approving by Proxy (this creates a Blue status icon)
For further information regarding the use of the Manage Leave section, please view the following articles;
Reach Web Portal
ARTICLE: Voyage Transport Hub
Voyage Transport Hub This feature is provided as part of Voyage, an extension module of Reach, this is your Transport Dashboard, a place where you can see all journey data collated in tables by transport type for easy viewing, editing, exporting, ...
ARTICLE: System Configuration Transport / Voyage
System Configuration for Transport and Voyage Leave Transport Types are the methods used for students to depart and return to campus in their leave requests. There are two (2) ways to manage Transport Type selections in Leave Requests: 1. Standard ...
ARTICLE: Manage Leave - Edit and Approving Leave Requests
REACH allows you the ability to view current and historical leaves, including their status' of pending, approved and rejected. You can view a snapshot of pending and approved leaves on the Activity Metrics widget found in the Metrics ...
ARTICLE: IP address Alerts for Suspicious Leave Approvals in REACH
During the approval procedure for leave requests one of the many things that REACH monitors and records in your audit log. One of the important items that we monitor and record is the IP address of all participants. The IP address is the digital ...
ARTICLE: Approve by Proxy with the Reach Mobile App
There may be instances where another administrator or staff member might need to approve a leave request on behalf of another administrator or staff member. This will require them to use the Approve by Proxy method in the Leave Audit Trail, similar ...