Reach Now uses internal messages in your Reach portal and push communications for integrations to the Reach mobile app. It provides three methods of communication that can be used to engage your audience:
1. Direct Messaging (DM)DM allow staff to have one-on-one conversations in real time with any contact in your Reach portal.
Important features of DM:
● DM is restricted to staff type users connecting with other contacts in your Reach community
● Parent-to-parent, student-to-student, parent-to-student, for example are not possible in Reach Now
● All DM conversations are logged in Reach and can be reported historically. There are no silent conversations in Reach: Now
● DM records are maintained on individual user profiles
2. Rooms (Chat Rooms)
Rooms are open communication channels that allow staff users in your community to communicate by viewing and adding content. The room is a positing board where participants can view comments from other participants and add comments themselves.
Important features of Rooms:
● You can have an unlimited number of rooms
● Rooms are only open to staff type users in your Reach community - no student/parent communication
● You can determine who is permitted to join each room to view content
● You can determine who is permitted to contribute content to each room
● Room comments are retained in Reach for historic reporting
3. NoticeBoards (Boards)
Boards function as announcements. They provide a platform for one-way communications to your community.
Important features of Boards: