Reach Student Life Management System for Students
The Reach Student Life Management system is a student management system that is designed specifically for boarding schools. It helps your school to manage a whole range of residential activities including leave, rollcalls, student records and staff reports.
As a student, you will use the Reach system to request leave and to record where you are going when you leave campus. This includes various on campus and off campus locations that your school has created as locations in your Reach System.
Reach is a cloud based product and you can access your school's Reach portal from any device that has a browser with internet connection. As a student you can also access Reach using the Reach Student Life Management mobile app which is available for Apple and Android smartphones.
How to Access Your REACH Portal
Via your web browser, enter your school's specific Reach portal web address and sign into Reach with your assigned credentials.
How to Create Leave Requests
Creating a leave request is simply a matter of opening the Create Leave Request form in your Reach login and completing the form. Most of the fields are drop down selection and they will guide you towards your appropriate selections.
Two fields will require your text input and these are your Destination and also any Notes that you want to or are required to place in the leave request form.
Once you have submitted your leave request, Reach will then automatically contact your parents and any hosts that are involved for approval. When your parents and any host that are involved have approved the leave request, Reach will then contact the boarding staff for final approval of your leave request. You will receive an email from Reach when your leave request is approved by staff.
About your Leave Request Form
- The leave types that you are able to request are set by your school
- The transport types that you can request are set by your school
- The Hosts that you are approved to go on leave with are set by your parents
- If your request is for a regular recurring event then you can set a recurring pattern for the use the leave request
- The Destination field is a required field
- In some instances the Notes field may also be compulsory when set by your school to be so
- You will be able to see the current status of any leave request in your login profile.
How to Sign in and Sign out of Locations (SISO)
Signing in and out of the Campus in Reach is done a few different ways, depending on the procedures of your school. You could use a centrally located Kiosk, QR Code, NFC Tag, RFID Card Scan, Biometrics, Finger Scan or Quick SISO (SISO stands for Sign-in Sign-out) in the mobile App. Once you have been identified your school's method of SISO, your profile will appear with the locations that you are permitted to SISO.
If you have an approved leave request in the system this will appear in your profile for you to SISO to Leave.
If set by your school, you will also be able to sign in and out to on campus locations using your mobile phone or your browser login to Reach via the SISO widget. ARTICLE: Student App - Leaves and Quick SISO
About your SISO movements
- Only locations that you are permitted to go to will display in your Kiosk or SISO view
- SISO to Off Campus locations typically requires staff approval in Reach. Please refer to your individual school's procedures for departing campus.