There are some basic settings that you need to do, before you start synchronizing the contact, task and calendar events.
Sign In to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook
Sign In Using Zoho CRM Login Credentials
To get started, first you need to sign in to the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook using your Zoho CRM login credentials. You can also sign in using your Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook login credentials but with a different password. See Also Sign in using other login credentials
- If you are not able to sign in to the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, one of the reasons could be that you exceeded the Authtoken's limit (10 tokens). Log in to www.accounts.zoho.com and following the steps given below to close the active authtokens and log in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Home tab, click ActiveAuthtokens.
- In the Active Authtokens page, click Remove for the appropriate authtokens.
To sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click icon from the MenuBar and then click Log In.
- In the Log In dialog box, enter your Zoho account's Email/Username and Password.
- Select the Keep me signed in checkbox if you want to automatically log in to Zoho CRM for the next session.
- Click Sign In.
After you sign in, the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook options will be enabled.
Sign In to Zoho CRM Plug-in When Two Factor Authentication is Enabled
Two Factor Authentication (TFA) is an additional security measure that uses your mobile phone to protect your Zoho account. If you have enabled TFA, you have the option to set application specific passwords. Set a password to sign in to the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
To sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in, if the two factor authentication is enabled
- Go to https://accounts.zoho.com
- Click the Two Factor Authentication link.
- In the Two Factor Authentication page, click Manage Application Specific Passwords.
- In the ApplicationSpecificPasswords popup, do the following:
- Enter the Device (or) App Name in the text box.
- Specify the Current Password that is used to log in to Zoho.
- Click Generate. A random password will be generated.
You can use the email address used to log in to Zoho and this generated password, to sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
Sign In Using Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook Login Credentials
Users who use Google, Google Apps, Yahoo or Facebook account credentials to log in to Zoho CRM, can also use the Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook but with different login credentials. You can use the same email address but you need to generate a new password to use the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
To sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, if you use Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook credentials to log in to Zoho CRM
- Go to https://crm.zoho.com
- In the Sign In page, click the ForgotPassword link.
- In the Password Reset Request page, specify the registered email address from Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook that you use to sign in to Zoho CRM.
- Enter the characters for Image Verification and click Request.
An email with a link to reset password will be sent to the email address that you specified.
- Reset the password and use it along with the email address registered with Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook that you use to sign in to Zoho CRM.
- If the icon is not visible, launch the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook application from Applications.
Set Up Categories and Folders for Contacts, Tasks and Calendar
When you set up a synchronization of contacts or tasks, you can specify the folder from which the records should be synchronized.Contacts and Tasks do not have category selection.For calendar(events) you have to select the categories from which the records should be synchonized.
To set up category and folder
- In Menu Bar, click icon > Settings.
- In Settings dialog box, click the corresponding Change link for Contact's/Task's Folder.
The records will be synchronized from the selected folder only.
- Click the Change link corresponding to Calendar'sCategory and do one of the following:
- Select Zoho Category. Only the records from this category will be synchronized.
Select all categories if you want all the records (irrespective of the category) to be synchronized.
- Select the categories of your choice to sync only the records under those categories.
- Click Ok.
Configure Conflict Resolution Settings
The conflict resolution settings are used when there are records with a conflict in the field values during a sync. With such conflicting records, the option selected will be applied provided the records are being updated. Note that these options are not applied when new records are added.
To configure conflict resolution settings
- Click icon > Settings.
- In Settings dialog box, for ConflictResolution, choose one of the following:
- Zoho Win - The values from Zoho CRM will overwrite the Microsoft Outlook values.
- Outlook Win - The values from Microsoft Outlook will overwrite the Zoho CRM values.
- Click Ok.