Workflow Rules for Calls Module
Workflow Rules for Calls Module
Workflow rules for calls automate the process of performing an action, when certain specified conditions are met. You can set up a workflow rule for a particular type of call, be it an incoming call/outgoing call/scheduled call/missed call.
For example, you own an insurance firm where you have to make numerous calls to your clients and there is always a possibility for a call being missed. When such is the case, you can specify a workflow rule where, when a call with a client is missed, a task can be assigned to another user, so that he can call-back and offer his assistance at the earliest.
Create Workflow Rules for Calls Module
The workflow Rule consists of the following elements:
- Basic Details - Specify details on the record type for which the rule applies, Rule Name, Description.
- Rule Trigger - Specify when the rule should be triggered for a record, based on the type of call.
- Incoming call - Rules can be triggered only when an incoming call is received in Zoho CRM.
- Outgoing call - Rules can be triggered only for outgoing calls from Zoho CRM.
- Scheduled Call - Rules can be triggered only for scheduled calls in Zoho CRM.
- You should specify when the rule should be triggered.
- When a scheduled call is Created or Edited.
- When a scheduled call is Overdue.
- When a scheduled call is Rescheduled.
- When a scheduled call is Deleted.
- Deleted call - Rules can be triggered when a call log is deleted from Zoho CRM.
- Any of the Above - Rules can be triggered irrespective of the type of call.
- Workflow Conditions - Multiple conditions can be created in a workflow rule. The condition can be set based on:
- Call Fields (Call Duration, Call Purpose, Call Result, etc.).
- Caller (Leads,Contacts,Accounts,Unknown).
You can apply the workflow rule to all [module] or [module] matching certain conditions.
When multiple conditions are set, records will be validated against criteria mentioned in each condition.
- Instant Actions - Specify the actions to be performed for records that meet the specified criteria. You can automate sending email notifications, adding tasks, field updates, webhooks and custom functions that will be triggered immediately when the rule is executed.
To create Workflow Rules for Calls
The steps to create a workflow rule for Calls can be categorized into 4.
Part 1 - Enter the basic details of the rule
- Go to Setup > Automation > Workflow Rule.
- In the Workflow Rules page click + Create Rule.
- In the Create New Rule window do the following:
- Select the Calls Module from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Rule Name and Description of your Workflow Rule.
- Click Next.
Part 2 - Specify Rule Trigger
- Select the type of call for which you want to apply the workflow rule.
If scheduled call is selected, you must further specify when the rule should be triggered from the drop-down list box.
- Click Next.
Part 3 - Create Workflow Condition
Multiple conditions in a workflow rule help you address cases where you have explicitly defined action items for the records that met the specified criteria and the ones that do not.
- Click yes if you want to apply the rule based on record fields.
- Specify the conditions based on which the workflow will be triggered.
For example, apply the workflow rule for calls that are logged from CRM and the call purpose is Demo.
You can apply this rule to records matching all or any of these conditions.
- Choose the module to which you want to apply this rule (Leads/Contacts/Accounts/Unknown).
Callers whose information is not available in Zoho CRM will fall under the unknown category.
- Apply the rule to all [module] or records of the [module] which matches certain conditions.
For example, if the condition is set as Leads belonging to the City - Boston, then the workflow will be triggered only for leads residing in Boston.
- For each rule, you can add a maximum of 10 conditions in the Enterprise Edition and 5 conditions each in the Standard and Professional Editions.
Part 4 - Add or Associate instant actions
The main purpose of the workflow rule is to perform an automated action instantly. These actions include email notifications, tasks, field updates, webhooks and custom functions. You can create one and associate it to the rule.
- Create email notifications, tasks, field updates, tags, webhooks or custom functions and associate them to the rule. Select existing email notifications, tasks, field updates, webhooks or custom functions to associate to the rule.
- Select existing email notifications, tasks, field updates, webhooks or custom functions to associate to the rule.
- Click Instant Action link and select the action from the drop-down list.
- In the pop-up, select the actions that are listed or click New [Action] to create one and then associate.
- Click Associate if you want to associate an action that already exists.
The instant action is now added to your workflow rule.
- Click Save.
- You cannot save a rule without creating an instant action.
Configuring Workflow Rules
ZOHO CRM Features Pricing Customers Resources Developers Resources CRM Setup Using Zoho CRM Integrations Developer Guide Workflow Rules Workflow Rules in Zoho CRM, are a set of actions (email notifications, tasks and field updates) that are ...
Associate Functions in Workflow Rules
ZOHO CRM Features Pricing Customers Resources Developers Resources CRM Setup Using Zoho CRM Integrations Developer Guide Associate Functions in Workflow Rules How Can I... Set up Functions Business Scenario - Roll up amount from Deal to parent ...
Converting Records Using Workflow Rules
Converting leads, quotes or sales orders can be automated using workflow rules. When a record meets the criteria defined in the workflow rule, all the associated actions are triggered for the record. Workflow rules created for leads, quotes and sales ...
Workflow rules help automate several sales processes in your business. Following are a couple of scenarios that demonstrate the use of workflow rules in Zoho CRM 2016. Create a workflow rule to automate task assignment Let's say you want a task to be ...
ZOHO CRM Features Pricing Customers Resources Developers Resources CRM Setup Using Zoho CRM Integrations Developer Guide Scoring Rules How can I... Set up Scoring Rules in Zoho CRM View Scores Delete Scoring Rules Scoring rules help you ...