A Free User Account allows you to evaluate UnifiedVU Platform before making a purchasing decision. During evaluation, please keep the potential of the Platform in mind, instead of the exact functionality it provides. We know that one solution does not fit all. We work with all our customers to provide a tailor made solution, wherever possible. We invite you to be open minded and communicate with us during the trial so that we understand the problems and challenges you have. We will then be in a position to help you.
2. Starting the Account
If you have been invited to trial or have requested to trial, you would have received an email from Livestax requesting you to change your password. If you have misplaced this email or would like a new trial, please submit your request here.
If you have not been invited, but like to trial without any obligation to purchase, please request us to on-board you.
Once you have changed the password, you can access Spaces which are shared with you, and/or create your own and start to get your daily jobs done faster and make best-informed decisions.
3. Upon Login in
You will be taken to UnifiedVU "Welcome" Space upon login in. Before you dive in, please familiarise with our terminology.
What you will see:
- "Welcome" on top left hand of the header is the name of the Space you are in.
- Click on "Welcome" or hamburger icon to see a list of Spaces you already have access to, which will include Templates. Templates are pre-set Spaces.
- Your name on the right hand of the header gives access to your Account, which includes Sign Out and Change Password options.
- If you are the Space Administrator, second row of the header first displays a wheel icon on the left. Click on the wheel to access Space Administration functionality. As you are not the Space Administrator for "Welcome" Space, the wheel will not be shown to you. Watch out for this functionality when you create your own Space later on.
- Followed by the wheel icon are Pages. First page shown is "Welcome" Page followed by "Subscriptions" and so on.
- "Welcome" Page is populated with a number of simple text Apps, starting with "Welcome" to UnifiedVU App, "Applications" App displaying current applications and "Apps" App displaying a list of some of the Apps available.
- Top of each App (App header block) displays the App name and a description
- Right of the App header block contains the App menu that contains options including removing the App from the Page, removing login credentials, etc.
4. Navigating "Welcome" Space
Now that you are familiar with the terminology and associated functionality of UnifiedVU, next is to navigate through the Platform to experience basic functionality. Let's explore "Welcome" Space further.
- Click on "Tech News" Page on "Welcome" Space to navigate away from the Page you are in.
- Tech News Page is populated with RSS Feed App, repeated a number of times, and each time linking to a particular blog or news feed to create the Tech News Space.
- Use the horizontal scroll bar to get to the App Instances on the right, and also move back to the first App instance.
- On each App instance, use the vertical scroll bar to go down and up.
5. Inter-app communications
Let's explore how Apps listen and respond to each other. This is a unique feature of the Platform. We call this virtual integration, which allow us to create amazing user experiences.
For this trial, let's use two Apps which do not rely on your own data and software.
- Click on "Inter-App Demo" Page on "Welcome" Space.
- "Inter-App Demo" Page is populated with two Apps, "Companies House" App and "Google Map" App.
- "Companies House" App is connected to the UK Government's Companies House database which hosts records of all UK registered companies. It will surface data of any UK registered company searched.
- "Google Map" App is a simple App that displays a marker when it detects a postal address of an adjacent App.
- For trial purposes, let's enter "Facebook UK" on the search field in "Companies House" App.
- From the results given, select the matching result.
- "Google Map" App detects the postal address of the selected company and displays a marker on the map.
- This demonstrates how one App responds to a selection of a record on another.
- Repeat the same with different companies.
Whilst this trial may seem simple, what we have just demonstrated to you was that on UnifiedVU, we can unify (virtual integration) unconnected silo data sources, in real-time, without saving any data on our servers.
6. Syncing with your software
Next is to sync with one or two of your software applications to experience how UnifiedVU Apps work with your software and data sources.
Please note we have used a number of methods to connect with your software. At present this varies from entering your login credentials manually to use of oAuth for authentication. All login data are stored in our servers encrypted.
- Assuming you use one of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software applications we support, you can sync with it by visiting "Sync Sales Apps" Page on "Welcome" Space.
- If you do not use any of the CRMs we support and interested in using UnifiedVU for your business, we are happy to develop Apps to support your CRM and any other software you use. Please get in touch with us to discuss your specific requirements.
- In the meantime, if you like to use our credentials to log into a CRM, we suggest you trial with our CapsuleCRM developer account.
- We invite to you to visit "Sync Marketing Apps", "Sync Finance Apps", "Synch Support Apps" and "Synch Productivity Apps" to sync with your favourite software. Please get in touch with us to discuss how we can support your software in case your software is not already supported.
7. Exploring Spaces including Templates and Mockups
Having familiarised with the terminology, navigation within a Space, inter-app communications and syncing with your software, now is the time to explore Spaces shared with you before creating your own Space(s) and discovering the App Store.
- Click on the hamburger icon or the Space name of the current Space you are in, which appears at the top left of the header.
- You will be shown a list of Spaces you have access to.
- Currently these includes a number of Templates, "Welcome" Space, a MockUps Space which displays a number of potential enterprise applications and "Industry News" Space.
- Click on any to navigate to the respective Space, and then navigate to its Pages to explore and familiarise further with UnifiedVU Platform.
Templates are public Spaces setup by us to help you start using UnifiedVU for real, before you advance to create your own Spaces. Some of these are:
- Template - Xero
- Template - Salesforce
- Template - Sugar CRM
- Template - Capsule CRM
- Template - Pipedrive
- Template - MailChimp
- Template - Google Apps
- Template - Trello
Select a Template, navigate through its Pages, sync with your software where relevant and continue to trial. Please note that no one else can access your data, so go ahead and start using UnifiedVU for real.
By now, you must have familiarised with:
- navigation within a Space
- experience inter-app communications
- sync with your software
- explored Spaces shared with you
- used UnifiedVU for real with your own data from your own software
and ready to create your own Space and explore the ever growing App Store.
9. Creating your own Space and explore App Store
By creating a Space and populating a Page with Apps from the App Store allows you to explore how Apps behave with each other whilst mimicking your workflows.
Please note that not every user will have the rights to create Spaces.
- To create your own Space, click on the hamburger icon or the Space name of the current Space you are in, which appears at the top left of the header.
- Scroll to the bottom of the slider and select New space.
- Enter a name and click Create space.
- This will create a Space with a default Page, "Home".
- You can now populate "Home" Page with Apps from the App Store.
- Click "+" on the App Store (first App instance) on the left side of the screen.
- This will load the App Store.
- Use search and/or categories to find the App you want and click "Add".
- Repeat this process to add further Apps to your Page.
- Now you can click + on header to add more Pages and populate them with Apps.
- Sync Apps with your software if this was not done before when you trialled using Templates.
As you are the Space Administrator of the Space you just created, you can use Space Administor functionality to set Space permissions including:
- Delete Space.
- Change Space details.
- Control who can have access to the Space. We recommend you keep the default, i.e. "Only me" status for now.
- Rename or delete Pages, as well as change the order of display.
10. Use Cases and Applications
Pages are ideal to be populated with Apps that reflect your existing workflows that touch multiple software.
Some of the use cases and applications might be relevant to you:
- Single Customer View where customer data and functionality from all your software where customer data resides can be unified on one simple single screen.
- Customer intelligence and Contact Enrichment
- Unified Communications
- Unified Tasks
- Sales Pipeline View
- Revenue and Cashflow Blocker Analysis
- Add new records
- Schedule meetings
- Campaign Analysis
- Competitor analysis and industry news
11. Learn more
Visit following areas of our knowledge base to learn further:
- Introduction - including applications, enterprise functionality, tutorials and partnering.
- App Store - functionality of software applications.
- Trial, Demo and Templates - the section you are in now with more.
- Role based functionality - what would you like to do today?
12. Bespoke Applications and Enterprise Solutions
Please contact us for any enquiries you have on bespoke applications or enterprise solutions.
13. What's next?
In 2018, we offer three FREE user accounts per company. If you wish to deploy across the organisation, please contact us to discuss your specific requirements and pricing.
Last updated: 2018-01-14