We have set up a live Demo Account for you to get an understanding of the UnifiedVU Platform without syncing with your software and data. The Apps on Demo Account are connected to developer accounts of software we have access to, and the number of Apps you could trial is limited, when compared with the 14-day Trial Account.
Please make sure you do not authenticate the Demo Account to your software and own data at any time.
In addition, please do not misuse this account. We have the right to withdraw this account at any time, without any notice, if we detect misuse. You do not need any permission from us to use the Demo Account.
The Demo Account allows you to evaluate UnifiedVU Platform before moving to a 14-day Trial Account after which you have the option to make a purchasing decision. During evaluation, please keep the potential of the Platform in mind, instead of the exact functionality it provides. We know that one solution does not fit all. We work with all our customers to provide a tailor made solution, wherever possible. We invite you to be open minded and communicate with us during the Demo so that we understand the problems and challenges you have. We will then be in a position to help you.
2. Starting the Demo
Get access to live Demo Account first. Please do not attempt to change the login details by requesting new passwords.
3. Upon Login in
After you log in, you might be taken to where the last Demo user have left the UnifiedVU Platform. We suggest you start from "Welcome" Space. Before you dive in, please familiarise with our terminology first.
What you will see:
- "Welcome" on top left hand of the header is the name of the Space you are in.
- Click on "Welcome" or hamburger icon to see a list of Spaces you already have access to, which will include Templates. Templates are pre-set Spaces.
- Your name on the right hand of the header gives access to your Account, which includes Sign Out and Change Password options. In this case, your name is UnifiedVU Live Demo. Please do not attempt to change this data.
- Left of the second row of the header displays a wheel, which when clicked gives access to the Space Administration functionality. Demo Account does not have rights to create Spaces and therefore Space Administrator functionality cannot be trialled. Request a 14-day Trial Account when you are ready to experience Space Administrator functionality.
- Followed by the wheel icon are Pages. First page shown is "Welcome" Page followed by "Subscriptions" and so on.
- "Welcome" Page is populated with a number of simple text Apps, starting with "Welcome" to UnifiedVU App, "Applications" App displaying current applications and "Apps" App displaying a list of some of the Apps available.
- Top of each App (App header block) displays the App name and a description
- Right of the App header block contains the App menu that contains options including removing the App from the Page, removing login credentials, etc. Please do not remove App credentials.
4. Navigating "Welcome" Space
Now that you are familiar with the terminology and associated functionality of UnifiedVU, next is to navigate through the Platform to experience basic functionality. Let's explore "Welcome" Space further.
- Click on "Tech News" Page on "Welcome" Space to navigate away from the Page you are in.
- Tech News Page is populated with RSS Feed App, repeated a number of times, and each time linking to a particular blog or news feed to create the Tech News Space.
- Use the horizontal scroll bar to get to the App Instances on the right, and also move back to the first App instance.
- On each App instance, use the vertical scroll bar to go down and up.
5. Trialling inter-app communications
Let's explore how Apps listen and respond to each other. This is an unique feature of the Platform. We call this virtual integration, which allow us to create amazing user experiences.
For this Demo, let's use two Apps which do not rely on your own data and software.
- Click on "Inter-App Demo" Page on "Welcome" Space.
- "Inter-App Demo" Page is populated with two Apps, "Companies House" App and "Google Map" App.
- "Companies House" App is connected to the UK Government's Companies House database which hosts records of all UK registered companies. It will surface data of any UK registered company searched.
- "Google Map" App is a simple App that displays a marker when it detects a postal address of an adjacent App.
- For Demo purposes, let's enter "Facebook UK" on the search field in "Companies House" App.
- From the results given, select the matching result.
- "Google Map" App detects the postal address of the selected company and displays a marker on the map.
- This demonstrates how one App responds to a selection of a record on another.
- Repeat the same with different companies.
Whilst this Demo may seem trivial, what we have just demonstrated to you was that on UnifiedVU, we can unify (virtual integration) unconnected silo data sources, in real-time, without saving any data on our servers. This allow us to create new user experiences, as well as improve existing workflows.
6. Syncing with software
As this is a Demo Account, we have already sync the Apps to Developer Accounts we have with a number of software applications.
Please note UnifiedVU use a number of methods to connect with software. At present this varies from entering login credentials manually to use of oAuth for authentication. All login data are stored in our servers encrypted. This is for information only and you should not sync to your software and data whilst logged into the Demo Account.
- As some of the Apps are already sync with our developer accounts we manage, let's explore "Sync Sales Apps" Page on "Welcome" Space.
- The Sales Apps in there will display data with functionality.
- Lets visit "Sync Marketing Apps", "Sync Finance Apps", "Synch Support Apps" and "Synch Productivity Apps" to explore further.
7. Exploring Spaces including Templates and Mockups
Having familiarised with the terminology, navigation within a Space and inter-app communications, now is the time to explore Spaces shared with you.
- Click on the hamburger icon or the Space name of the current Space you are in, which appears at the top left of the header.
- You will be shown a list of Spaces you have access to.
- Currently these includes a number of Templates, "Welcome" Space, a MockUps Space which displays a number of potential enterprise applications and "Industry News" Space.
- Click on any to navigate to the respective Space, and then navigate to its Pages to explore and familiarise further with UnifiedVU Platform.
Templates are public Spaces setup by us to help you start using UnifiedVU for real before you advanced to create your own Spaces during your 14-day Trial Account. Some of these are:
- Template - Xero
- Template - Salesforce
- Template - Sugar CRM
- Template - Capsule CRM
- Template - Pipedrive
- Template - MailChimp
- Template - Google Apps
- Template - Trello
Select a Template, navigate through its Pages, and continue to Demo.
By now, you have familiarised with:
- navigation within a Space
- experience inter-app communications
- explored Spaces shared with you
9. Creating your own Space and explore App Store
Unfortunately, you cannot create your own Space nor can access the App Store in Demo Account.
10. Use Cases and Applications
Pages are ideal to be populated with Apps that reflect your existing workflows that touch multiple software. Some of the use cases and applications might be relevant to you:
- Single Customer View where customer data and functionality from all your software where customer data resides can be unified on one simple single screen.
- Customer intelligence and Contact Enrichment
- Unified Communications
- Unified Tasks
- Sales Pipeline View
- Revenue and Cashflow Blocker Analysis
- Add new records
- Schedule meetings
- Campaign Analysis
- Competitor analysis and industry news
11. Learn more
Visit following areas of our knowledge base to learn further:
- Introduction - including applications, enterprise functionality, tutorials and partnering.
- App Store - functionality of software applications.
- Trial, Demo and Templates - the section you are in now with more.
- Role based functionality - what would you like to do today?
12. Bespoke Applications and Enterprise Solutions
Please contact us for any enquiries you have on bespoke applications or enterprise solutions.
13. What's next?
If you are happy with the Demo account and would like a 14-day Trial which allows you to sync with your own software and data, please contact us to create a Trial Account for you.
Last updated: 2016-11-26