Ubox and Icam security camera app settings and tutorial
QF480 Solar and Battery Powered Security Surveillance Camera – PTZ 4G camera with 8W solar panel
Please watch this video that shows you the correct way to set up your camera on the Ubox or I-Cam+ apps. This video goes over some in-depth settings that will fix most problems and troubleshooting if the camera doesn't perform the way you want it to.
Link for App. download: Google play store has direct downloads for Ubox and Icam+
SETTING UP THE CAMERA:
Make sure you read every word of the instruction manual as not following the manufactures instructions can lead to the camera not working correctly.
Download the Ubox or I-Cam+ app (see link above and in the instruction manual) and create an account in which the instructions can be found on the manual or packaging.
Take the plastic wrapping off the batteries (if applicable) and charge it with a USB overnight.
Follow the instructions in the video below to program the camera (always program the camera before installing or mounting it anywhere)
Mount the camera at the correct height recommended for the motion detection to work correctly. Face the camera toward the ground so the Infrared Motion Detection beams reach the ground within 8M radius or you may not get motion detection activations. [see use guide instruction manual - do not exceed correct height recommendation]
PROGRAMMING THE CAMERA & APP:
ADDING MULTIPLE USERS TO ACCESS YOUR CAMERAS
1. You need to go on to the individual camera settings by clicking the cog icon.
2. Click "Share Permissions"
3. Click Share
4. Add the email address of the people you want to share access with. They must have downloaded the app and created and account with this email first.
5. Give them the type of access you require them to have.
Motion Detection or Push Notifications not working
Open notification settings, set Auto run, Permission, and Battery.
(UBox: Me -notification settings)
1: Auto run management, Allow app to auto run
Step 2: Permission management, allow notifications, allow APP icon
badges, allow permissions of APP that appear on top.
Battery management ，allow APP to run
4G Security Camera Trouble Shooting Checklist
Have you used the right sized simcard?
Have you inserted the Simcard the correct way?
Most cameras will only operate on 3G and 4G
You must use the Telstra, Optus or Vodaphone network (or affiliates who are sub-providers of these networks)
Have you checked the Simcard is working on your mobile phone before inserting it in the camera?
Do you have a signal/reception in the area where the camera is located?
Does the camera have power and is turned on?
If you are only getting a red light and no blue light see the next section for more instructions. (wait at least 60 seconds for the blue light to come on before pressing next and scanning the QR code or it wont work).
4G Camera Not connecting to the App (frequency issues and no BLUE light)
If you only have a solid red light on the camera and the blue light is not coming on, we need you to try the following things:
Step 1. Make sure the plastic has been taken off the batteries and fully charge it before using the camera. If this doesn't work, move on to step 2.
Step 2. Make sure the Simcard has data credit and the simcard works on your phone or another device. Check this by connecting to the internet (Try to watch a video on youtube). If you have only just activated your Simcard then it can take up to 24 hours to work. If this doesn't work, move on to step 3.
Step 3. We need you to check the 3G or 4G frequency band/MHz in the exact location where the camera will be mounted. Most of the 4G communicators in alarm systems and cameras do not include band 28 but we have a couple products that do. Most of our products work on almost every frequency but there are some frequencies that may be excluded and we may need to send you a different product for that frequency if you are in an area that has specific frequencies.
Follow these instructions to check the frequency in your area and network:
Step 1: Put the decompressed RAR files into the TF card.
Step 2: Put the TF card into the camera.
Step 3: Turn on the power and press and hold the reset button at the same time. Release when the indicator lights turn red and blue.
Step 4: Wait for the red light to turn on.
SD/TF card not locking in place
If your SD/TF card is not clicking and locking in place then you can check the following things:
1. Is the SD/TF card in the right way?
2. Is the SD/TF card damaged or worn where the cutout notch is on the side? (this is what locks in place)
3. Check the SD/TF card mount, on the right-hand side is a metal prong that should be bent slightly inside of the mount. This is what locks against the SD/TF card notch cut out. (See image where the screwdriver is pointing for the metal prong locking mechanism).
TF/SD card -[cloud storage when you select SD card]-Motion detection
1. The solar camera QF480 is a low-power machine. When there is no alarm trigger or preview, it is in a sleep state.
2. Regarding the inability to detect, please check whether the detection alarm is turned on, and the sensitivity can be adjusted to the highest state
3. Regarding the issue of storage, the default recording duration of cloud storage is 10 seconds, and the duration cannot be customized.
An alarm is triggered and the recording is 10 seconds.
TF card recording can be customized for the duration and can be recorded as long as it can be watched online.
The recording rules of the two methods are different.
The reason why cloud storage is designed in this way is to save data traffic. Continuous uploading of cloud videos will require too much data traffic.
4. The delay problem may be related to the 4G network signal strength, which affects the image transmission and upload of the camera.
see use guide instruction manual - do not exceed correct height recommendation]
Please watch this video that shows you the correct way to set up your camera on the Ubox or I-Cam+ apps. This video goes over some in-depth settings that will fix most problems and troubleshooting if the camera doesn't perform the way you want it ...
If you only have a solid red light on the camera and the blue light is not coming on, we need you to try the following things: Step 1. Make sure the plastic has been taken off the batteries and fully charge it before using the camera. If this doesn't ...
The security camera is powered by lithium batteries. The lithium batteries are charged by the solar panel which is charged from the sun. The security camera has a motion sensor which activates the recording to store on the cloud or SD card. The ...
1. The red light flashes after power on, but the blue light does not flash A. Please press and hold the reset button for about 3 seconds, you will hear a beep and the following voice prompt "System Reset", the camera will reset, and the blue light ...
Have you used the right sized simcard? Have you inserted the simcard the correct way? Most cameras will only operate on 3G and 4G You must use the Telstra, Optus or Vodaphone network (or affiliates who are sub-providers of these networks) Have you ...