1. From the Main Sidebar, hover over Advanced Options.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Rules.
4. Click on Create New.
5. Enter a unique and specific Name and Description for your rule.
6. Check Active. If this is left unchecked, the rule will not be used by the system.
7. Select a Trigger for the rule. The trigger tells the system when to apply the rule.
8a. Set the Conditions for the rule. This tells the system how to apply the rule.
8b. To add more than one condition, click the And or Or buttons and enter the next condition. To remove a condition, click the X button.
9. Click Add Action. The Action tells the system what to do when the trigger and conditions are met.
Warning: From this point forward, only click within the text boxes. Clicking anywhere else on the page will cause these dialogue boxes to close and all work within them will be lost.
10. Select Send a notification as the action.
11. Select the notification topic.
12. On the right hand side of the screen, a dialogue box will appear. This box contains tokens that can be used as part of your notifications.
13a. You can assign a Fixed User (meaning that any time this rule is triggered the notification will go to this user.)
13b. You can use a token to identify the type of users that the notification should be sent to. In this example, the token [[Appoinment.Attendee.Id]] tells the system that this notification should go to any user (the ID token) who missed an appointment (the trigger) at the Counseling Center for Individual Counseling (the condition).
14. Enter a title for the notification. If you would like to personalize the title, you can add tokens to the title. In this example, the appointment attendee's first name will be used in the notification title.
15. Choose how the notification should be delivered. Note that text messages have a nominal fee.
16. If sending the notification via On-screen, fill in the information that should appear to the user. If desired, you can use tokens to personalize the message.
17. If sending the notification via E-mail, fill in the information that should appear to the user. If desired, you can use tokens to personalize the message.
18. If sending the notification via Text, fill in the information that should appear to the user. If desired, you can use tokens to personalize the message.
19. Click Save.
20. If desired, add another action. If not, click Save.